If you have a crush on someone and they go ghost on you your mind comes up with a bunch of possible scenarios. You are probably thinking thoughts like they’re mad at you, you’re not important enough to get back to, or maybe they don’t like me anymore. When someone ignores us it can make us doubt ourselves.
Here are a few things you can say to wind them up while you wait to hear back from them.
Best comebacks when someone doesn’t text you back
1. I am going to assume that you not responding to my text means you want me to send you 10 to 20 more before you do.
2. Thanks for ignoring my calls and texts while updating your Facebook multiple times.
3. Noah wrote Allie 365 messages, so I think you can answer my text message.
4. OMG, your responses are so slow I can’t keep up.
5. Hey, I just wanted to check in and see how it’s going not responding to my texts?
How to deal with someone not texting you back
There could be many reasons that someone doesn’t text you back. Here are a few things you can try to help deal with the situation:
- Maybe the person needs space: If all of a sudden a person stops texting you don’t bombard them with texts, instead try giving the person space.
- Try not to take it personally: Sometimes we make it all about us when we think someone is ignoring us. There could be a perfectly good reason that the person has responded, maybe they are sorting out personal issues or going through a busy period.
- Ask: If you’re concerned that you are being ghosted or ignored, get to the bottom of the situation and ask what is going on in a non confrontational way. It will save you hours of time ruminating on the sit-in.
If a person needs a break from us, it is important to respect boundaries and stop messaging for a while. If they still don’t respond, they might not be worthy of knowing you and you can move on to better relationships.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
More clever comebacks you might like
- Funny responses when someone asks will I see you again
- Funny answers to where were you?
- More zingers
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.