When you are having a conversation with someone and they say, “make me” you may be wondering if the person you are talking to has the emotional age of a toddler.
Yeah, we get that you don’t want to do something, but at a certain age in life you realize you just have to suck it up and get shit done or do what is expected of you. Sure, you can’t force someone to do something they don’t want to do, without getting locked up anyway, and unless it is really important the person is probably not worth wasting your energy on.
My friend tries to force her teenager to do certain things like study for exams because she cares about his future. At the end of the day, it is up to him if he doesn’t do the work he will suffer the consequences of his actions. Maybe working a summer at McDonalds would cure him of his sucky attitude when he realizes he could spend the rest of his life asking, “Would you like fries with that?”
Here are a few things you can say to let the person know that they are acting unreasonably when they say go ahead and make me.
Best comebacks when someone says make me
1. Looks like your parents have already done that
2. Is your drama going to have an intermission soon? I need to pee.
3. I always say no to unnecessary crazy.
4. Bitch please, you’ve got more issues than vogue.
More witty comebacks you might like
- Funny responses when someone tells you not to talk back
- What to say when someone complains that they’re bored
- More great comebacks