People make fun of my ears, and I have been called Dumbo, Elf, and Mr. Spock. The worst insult is I look like Jar Jar Binks. Do you have a good comeback I can use?
It can be difficult when someone makes fun of your ears, nose, or whatever body part. The thing is all of us have something that isn’t perfect about us.
If you are mortified by your ears, believe it or not, there are solutions. Larger ears can actually be reduced with ear sculpting surgery. The doctor reshapes your ear by removing unnecessary skin and unwanted cartilage.
I used to work with an Irish flight attendant who hated how her ears stuck out. She had been teased mercilessly in her younger years and decided she had had enough.
Maria had surgery to have her ears pinned back. I remember looking at her during recovery, and she looked like a mummy with bandages wrapped around her head. It was a small price to pay because the results were amazing. Something that had bothered her for years was resolved, and she had perfect ears afterward.
If people are making fun of you, here are a few comebacks you can use which will hopefully shut the person up for good.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
15 Best comebacks when people make fun of your ears
1. I would try to insult you, but I am afraid I will not do as well as nature did.
2. Coming from the person who has a face not even a mother could love.
3. Are you always a jerk or just when I am around?
4. Beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.
5. Please, you look like something I drew with my left hand.
6. I can clearly hear who you are as a person.
7. My big ears are perfect for eavesdropping on interesting conversations. You won’t believe what I heard someone say about you the other day.
8. Thank you for your unsolicited opinion, but I’m fine with the way I look.
9. I’m not sure what you hope to achieve by making rude comments about my ears?
10. I may not look like a supermodel, but I am comfortable in my own skin with my big ears.
11. Yeah, I have big ears. And thank you for pointing that out captain obvious.
12. Do you always make fun of people for things that they can’t change?
13. I’m not happy the way you are taking the mickey. How would you like it if I made a remark about how you looked?
I4. If I looked like you I certainly wouldn’t have the confidence to insult other people’s looks.
15. I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by saying that?
Michael Phelps was bullied for his big ears
Legendary athlete, Michael Phelps, was bullied relentlessly for his big ears and teased because of his long arms and lisp. After becoming an Olympic champion winning 8 medals, all those kids who used to tease him wanted to be his friend. Even though it was challenging at the time, Phelps didn’t let the bullying hold him back and he went on to achieve great things.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when people fake fun of your acne
- Comebacks when people call you funny looking
- You’re such a drama queen
Why do people make fun of my big ears?
Everyone on the planet could be made fun of for having something about them. People make fun of others for various reasons. Often people point out others shortcomings because they are insecure about themselves and feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel better.
Sometimes people don’t realize we all look different and that it is OK. it’s because they In the case of big ears, some folks may not have seen them before and may find the appearance of a larger ear unusual.
We are all unique and different in our own way, and that’s what makes us special. Big ears can be just as beautiful as any other feature, and they should be celebrated rather than ridiculed. If someone is making fun of your big ears, it’s important to stand up for yourself and respond with confidence and pride in your appearance.
How to deal with people making fun of your big ears
It can be very hurtful when people make fun of the way you look. Here are a few things that can help if people make fun of your big ears.
Stay confident: Don’t let the person erode your confidence with their comments. All of us has physical features that make us unique, and that’s what makes us all special.
Don’t react: When people are trying to wind you up about something they are looking for a recantation. Don’t give then the satisfaction of knowing that their words bother you.
Speak up: Let the person know that their comments are not OK. Sometimes family think that they can say things and treat you any way that they want. You have a right to say something back if you are being insulted.
Get support: spend your time with people who know and love you who accept you for for who you are. Talk about the situation and figure out possible solutions.
Treat yourself with love and respect, no matter what anyone else says about you. Your big ears are a part of what makes you unique and special, and you should be proud of them.
List of famous people with big ears
Here are some famous people who have big ears who have had a lot of success in life.
1. David Beckham – Former professional soccer player
2. Barack Obama – Former President of the United States
3. Prince Charles – Prince of Wales
4. Will Smith – Actor and musician
5. Daniel Radcliffe – Actor
6. Brad Pitt – Actor and producer
7. Kate Hudson – Actress
9. Reese Witherspoon – Actress and producer
10. Martin Scorsese – Film director
It’s important to remember that big ears are just one aspect of a person’s appearance, and they do not define who they are. These famous individuals have achieved great success in their careers despite any physical features they may have.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who says that you have big ears and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.