It’s an awful feeling when someone you thought was your friend turns out to be your frenemy. There is nothing worse than having someone who is not on your side who is in your inner circle of friends. As soon as you find out that a frenemy does not have your best interests at heart, stop sharing anything personal immediately.
Kara became friends with a girl who had transferred to her college and didn’t know anyone. Being kind, Kara invited the new girl, Lila, to events and parties that her group of friends was attending. After a while, she started noticing that Lila would try to start hanging out with every one of her friends that she introduced her to, without including Kara.
One night Kara found out about a party that Lila was going to via Instagram. When she ran into Lila at Starbucks, she asked if she had plans that evening. Even though Lila had a party planned, she said she had nothing going on and didn’t tell or invite Kara. At that moment, Kara realized that she was a frenemy, not a true friend. Kara was hurt and devastated, but she was just done with the friendship.
Don’t waste hours of your time trying to figure out what went wrong in the relationship. There’s a pretty good chance you did nothing wrong, for all you know your frenemy could be jealous of you or feel competitive, or it could be their pattern.
These clever comebacks will let your frenemy know that you know that they are venomous, and are not interested in hearing their snarky insults and offensive comments.
Top Ten comebacks for Frenemies
- I’m sorry you got offended that one time you were treated the way you treat everyone all the time.
- You would be much more likable if it wasn’t for that hole in your mouth that noise comes out of.
- I never gave you a reason to hate me. You’re just creating your own little drama out of pure insecurity.
- Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
- I used to think I was over reacting. Now I realize that it was a normal reaction to an abnormal amount of bullshit.
- The only people I owe my loyalty to are the people who never made me question theirs.
- I’m sorry that you’re insecure about yourself and you constantly have to worry about every move I’m making.
- The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
- Friends are like boobs. Some are big, some are small. Some are real and some are fake…..
- I would rather have an honest enemy than a fake friend.
The Rock and Vin Diesel were acting like frenemies while filming Fate of the Furious
The Rock and Diesel have been in four furious movies apparently have had enough of each other for a lifetime and can’t even stand to be in the same room together. The Rock took to Instagram to share a post about one of his furious co-stars:
Some [male co-stars] conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t. The ones that don’t are too chicken shit to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses.- The Rock