Nosiness and gossiping seem to go together. Some people find power in knowing something that others don’t know.
All of us have information that we don’t feel comfortable sharing with others. Nosy people don’t get the hint and keep trying to pry information out of you. Some folks like to ask really personal questions about who are you dating, if you are a virgin, or even how much money do you earn.
You don’t have to reveal the personal details of your life to the office gossip or your family. You have the right to set some personal boundaries and keep parts of your life private.
If someone in your life crosses the line too many times and won’t keep their nose out of your business, here are a few sarcastic zingers. Maybe you will get lucky, and they will mind their own business!
Top ten snappy comebacks for nosy people
- Hey, I found your nose, it’s in my business again!
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither.
- Oh I didn’t tell you. It must have been none of your business then.
- My life, my mistakes, my choices. Not your business!
- My business isn’t your business. Unless you’re my thong, don’t be up my ass.
- If you are going to have opinions about my life than I can assume you will be paying some of my bills.
- Oh, I didn’t realize you were an expert on my life. Continue while I take notes.
- It’s better to have your nose in a book than someone else’s business.
- It’s an odd thing how some people have to be all up in your business, kind of like a wedgie. Now that’s some bad crack.
- Mind your own problems before you talk about mine.
Get snappy comebacks delivered to your inbox
* indicates required
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for people who make negative comments
- Top ten comebacks for complainers
- More comebacks you might like