We have all met the dream killer, the person who loves to slam other people’s dreams and goals. The naysayer loves to criticize others, yet they aren’t willing to put themselves out there and take any risks.
Before people become successful, they are always perceived by others as a little crazy. Most people can’t visualize what something will look like; it is outside their concept of reality.
When Karl Benz had his first idea for the motor car, which he called a “horseless carriage” people thought that his dream was insane. Apparently, people couldn’t see any reason that they would ever need a car and they were perfectly happy to travel by horse and buggy.
Benz was criticized for trying to create a motorized vehicle and took his car out at night to test drive it and avoid ridicule, as his car would often break down on the drive. People probably told him to forget about the car and focus on his day job. Looking back, it is easy to see how wrong his critics were.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Ever feel like you just don’t know how to speak up for yourself? Our Stand Up for Yourself the Easy Way Guide will show you how to do it in just 3 simple steps. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Your critics can’t see your vision for a brilliant future. Don’t take advice from someone who can’t see your potential and the possibility of your goal.
Here is a top ten list of snappy comebacks that you can use and let the person know that you’re keeping your dream.
Top ten comebacks for someone who criticizes your dream
- You say I dream too big, I think you think too small.
- I’m not going to let someone who gave up on their dreams talk me out of mine.
- People are limited not by their ability but by their vision.
- If you don’t build your own dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
- If you dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.
- Are YOUR excuses more important that your dream?
- You won’t get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it.
- People too weak to follow their own dreams will always discourage others from following theirs.
- Dreams come a size too big so we can grow into them.
- The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.