Don’t you just hate it when someone comes up to you and says, “Wow, you look tired!” If you didn’t feel like rubbish before, you sure do now.
Who knows why people feel the need to make such stupid comments? Especially to new moms who are really tired, not sleeping and just trying to cope day to day.
News alert to all of you men who don’t live in the same household as a woman, ladies can look tired without their makeup.
So next time you see an exhausted looking woman, don’t say anything.
There are lots of different ways you can respond, we have some fun comebacks for you to choose from below. Help us out and let us know the best answer in the comments below.
15 Best comebacks when someone tells you that you look tired What to say if someone says you look tired
1. I have this thing that keeps me up at night called children.
2. I need a moisturizer that hides the fact I have been tired since 2015.
3. Yeah, I’m sick and tired of being tired!
4. Thanks for your input, but I’m pretty sure I already knew that.
5. You can tell how many kids a parent has by counting the bags under their eyes.
6. Yeah, I’ve been tired for 10 years now!
7. When you’re a parent sleep and self care seem to be out of reach.
8. It’s early, I’m just waiting for the caffeine to kick in.
9. I appreciate your concern, but I’m feeling fantastic.
10. Well, you’re not wrong. I feel tired too.
11. I am tired, and we don’t need to dwell on it.
12. Being a parent is like running a marathon every day for 15 years. It does make you look and feel tired.
13. You know that it’s not polite to comment on people’s appearance, right?
14. Thanks for your input, but I already have a mom.
15. It’s been a tough week, I get that I am not looking excited or sparkly!
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Why do people say you look tired?
It may seem rude, but people may say you look tired for many different reasons:
Lack of sleep: Bags under your eyes are caused by lack of sleep and are a clear sign of people who are sleep deprived.
Stress: People who are stressed out look tired and also have trouble sleeping. It show up in their appearance if they are dealing with a lot of stress.
Sickness: When folks are feeling ill it may show in their physical appearance, such as pale skin and looking tired.
It’s important to remember to make yourself a priority and take care of yourself. If you are getting comments that you look tired start by managing your stress, drinking a lot of water and making your health a priority.
Celebrities known to look tired
We all know that celebrities work hard and have a hectic schedule. Some celebrities are renowned for looking tired at appearances, a few are listed below.
1.Kanye West – The rapper leads a busy life with his music an fashion line. He has looked drained at various public appearances.
2. Lady Gaga – pop mogul suffers from fatigue and chronic pain, it is no wonder she looks exhausted at times.
3. Justin Bieber – The pop singer has shared some of his struggles with his fans. Including, exhaustion from performance demands and mental health issues.
4. Angelina Jolie – the actress and humanitarian has 5 kids, does charity work, plus directs an acts in films. Her schedule would leave any normal human looking tired.
sophia was tired of being told she looked tired
Sophia was a hardworking mother of two young children. She worked full time and had to take care of her kids under five years old. She often found herself struggling to balance her work and family responsibilities, leaving her with little time for herself. People around her would often comment on how tired she looked, which would frustrate her even more. She wished they could understand the challenges she faced every day, and how exhausted she was.
Sophia thought that people should live her life for a day and see how they would do. She knew that she was doing the best she could, and that her exhaustion was a result of her hard work and dedication to her family. She wished people would be more understanding and supportive, rather than making her feel guilty for being tired.
Despite the challenges she faced, Sophia was determined to keep going and provide the best life for her children.
- Funny answers when people ask your age
- Funny responses when people call you pale
- Read more great comebacks
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who says you look tired and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.