Whenever a woman criticizes another woman, people will turn around and say that she’s jealous.
Sure, sometimes we all get envious is someone has something that we don’t have like a beautiful smile or great clothing style but just because you give valid criticism doesn’t mean you are jealous of another.
There are some girls out there who actually do think that everyone is jealous of them. Talk about being conceited and big headed! Next time you are called jealous, use one of our great comebacks and shut the person up.
Tell us what you think is the snappiest comeback and vote below.
Vote for the best comeback if someone calls you jealous
Definition of a jealous person
Basically, a jealous person is someone who has a hard time feeling good about themselves and may act in ways that are hostile and resentful towards others. This can show up in many different ways. They might be very possessive or controlling in their relationships, always comparing themselves to others, or being ultra-competitive in social or professional settings.
How to deal with a jealous person
Dealing with someone who’s jealous can be a real challenge because their actions can really mess things up. Here are a couple of tips on how to deal with them:
1. Get their point of view: Take a moment to figure out what’s bothering them and what’s making them so jealous. This can help you see things from their point of view and maybe even figure out what’s bugging them.
2. Talk to them: Tell them that you see how their jealousy is getting in the way. Be honest and open, but also show that you understand and care.
3. Draw a line in the sand: If their jealousy is getting in the way of your relationship, you may need to give yourself some space to stay safe. That could mean talking less or being clear about what you want and how you feel.
4. Be there for them: If they’re dealing with those “I’m not good enough” vibes, give them a hand. Help them feel better about themselves by praising them and pointing out their skills.
5. Get some expert assistance: If their jealousy is truly affecting their life or relationships, getting help from a therapist or counselor could be a game-changer.
Just keep in mind that dealing with a jealous person can be a bit of a puzzle, and it’s not your job to sort out all of their problems. Still, if you show compassion and kindness, you might be able to help them sort through their thoughts and find a better way forward.
Famous people who are known for being jealous
It’s kind of tough to pinpoint famous folks for being jealous because jealousy is often something they keep hush-hush. But there’ve been times when some big shots got called out for feeling the envy bug. Check out some of these examples:
1. Taylor Swift: People are saying that the singer is jealous of other female artists, like Katy Perry and Kim Kardashian. Some people even thought that her song “Bad Blood” is about her fight with Perry.
2. Mariah Carey: The singer got called out for being jealous of other female artists, especially Jennifer Lopez. Back in 2002, when asked about Lopez, the singer dropped the famous line “I don’t know her,” sparking all sorts of talk about her maybe being envious of Lopez’s success.
3. Kanye West: The rapper caught some heat for supposedly being jealous of fellow artists, especially Jay-Z. Back in 2016, during a concert rant, this rapper went off on Jay-Z, claiming that Jay-Z was actually the jealous one, not being a solid friend and all.
4. Lindsay Lohan: People are saying that the actress is jealous of other actresses, especially Hilary Duff. In a 2003 interview, Lohan said, “I’m not that girl from Freaky Friday anymore” when they asked about Duff. So, people started thinking she might be jealous of Duff’s success.
However, you should always bear in mind that the situations above are just a few examples. And that jealousy is a complex feeling that can take many different shapes.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks for being called weird
- Comebacks if people call you ugly
- Comebacks if someone calls you stupid
- Read more comebacks to insults
The role of counselling and self-care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called jealous by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!