Do you have a hypocrite in your life, someone who conveniently forgets their own faults while happily pointing out yours?
Hypocrites have one set of standards for themselves and different standards for you. A high school girl, Nelly, continually badmouthed other people, stirring up drama within her class. If anyone else talked badly about someone, Nelly told them off and said it was wrong to talk about people. The weird thing was she couldn’t see that she was the worst offender.
These snappy comebacks will let the hypocrite in your life know that you are on to them and are not interested in putting up with their double standard.
Top ten comebacks for a hypocrite
- I think it’s funny that the people that treat you like shit get offended when you do the same to them.
- Well, aren’t you just a shiny little hypocrite polished in bullshit!
- People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, they should sit down and shut the F*** up!
- You need to get off your high horse and look at yourself first!
- It’s always the one with the dirty hands pointing the finger.
- Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they want to be.
- No, of course I don’t think you are a total hypocrite for preaching about the same shit you are guilty of doing…
- The only thing worse than a liar is a liar who is also a hypocrite.
- If I treated you, the way you treated me, you would hate me.
- It’s easier to see the wrong in other people’s lives, than in your own life. Don’t judge.
Be prepared next time you have to deal with a hypocrite
If you have to deal with someone who is a hypocrite and gives you a hard time, our book Snappy Comebacks any Situation can help you out. Be prepared for difficult people with clever responses on your phone or device any time or anywhere.