It can be awkward if you are hanging out with someone if they start bad mouthing some of your mutual friends. You know the old saying if someone gossips to you they will gossip about you.
Try not engage in conversations that tear other people down. You may not feel comfortable saying something back, but at some point, you have to stand up for your friends who aren’t there. If you don’t say something you will be become known as someone who gossips as well.
Don’t tell me what was said about me. Tell me why they were so comfortable to say it to you. – Jay Z
Mandy, who was in high school, had a really nasty side and loved to badmouth others and stir up drama. There was a teacher at her high school that she didn’t like because he called her on her bad behavior in class. She started spreading rumours about her teacher with the other kids, saying that he hit on girls and he had flirted with her, even though it wasn’t true. An evaluation of student safety was sent around to the classes and she wrote down that this particular teacher made her feel unsafe, even though he had never done anything to her.
Mandy’s bad mouthing caused this teacher to be called in by the school principal, who luckily knew that Mandy was a troublemaker and didn’t take it any further. If the principal hadn’t been switched on, the badmouthing could have negatively affected the teacher’s career.
Use our clever comebacks and leave the person who bad mouths others speechless, let them know it is not OK to talk about people in a negative way.
Top ten comebacks for people who badmouth others
- People who talk crap about others will be reincarnated as toilet roll.
- When you talk so much crap about others I don’t know whether to hand you toilet roll or a breath mint.
- I can’t respect you if you talk shit about all of the people who you run with.
- If you go around bad mouthing people behind their back, the risk you run is at some point that they are going to talk to each other.
- Too bad you can’t count jumping to conclusions and running your mouth as exercise.
- I hope you don’t choke on all that shit you talk.
- If you ran like your mouth you’d be in great shape.
- I believe in freedom of speech but some people need to know when to shut up.
- Since you love talking shit behind peoples backs so much, you may as well bend down and kiss my ass while you’re down there.
- You have a bad case of spewing shit from the mouth. I hope you get well soon.
More comebacks you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for fake friends
- Read more comebacks to insults
Get snappy comebacks delivered to your inbox
* indicates required