When people are considering a break up they may come to you for advice or a shoulder to cry on. It is important to find the right thing to say, so you don’t get the blame for their bad choice later on. If you feel your friend’s partner is a jerk and you share what you really think if they get back together, your relationship with your friend could be extremely awkward in the future.
A good question to ask your friend is if they are happy with themselves outside of the relationship. Your friend needs to consider if they are in a place that they really want it to be and if this relationship of a distraction of a bigger problem? Relationships are supposed to add to your life and make it better not leave you feeling worse.
The only person who knows what’s best for them is the person going through the break-up. Whether your friend decides to stay or go the main thing is to reflect about how they grew as a person while they spent time with their significant other, that way they will frame the relationship as a positive experience no matter what happens.
What to say to someone considering a break up
- One of the hardest things in life is whether to try harder or to walk away.
- You will never find the right person if you never let go of the wrong one.
- Somewhere someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer.
- Don’t ask why someone keeps hurting you, ask why you keep letting them.
- Girls put up with a lot of bullshit, women move on.
- Sometimes love gone wrong is actually life gone right.
- There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or closing the book.
- If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave!
- Ending is better than pending.
- If you can’t figure out where you stand with someone it might be better to stop standing and start walking.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say to say when someone says I can’t live without him
- Top ten comebacks for your ex
- To read more answers to rude comments