If someone close to you is feeling sad it can be disheartening. There’s nothing worse than seeing a friend or a loved one in pain and feeling down.
In life, there will be peaks and valleys, when a person is in a prolonged valley life can be particularly challenging. We all experience times in our life when things don’t work out as planned to leave us feeling down in the dumps.
It is important to remember when you are feeling sad is that the challenging times are not permanent, even if they may feel so at the time. When you overcome the obstacle you are currently facing you will stretch as a person and be able to take on future challenges.
It’s in the dark times that we find out who we really are and what we are truly capable of achieving. Unfortunately, growth doesn’t happen in comfort zones. Hard times also reveal who is really there for us and who sticks by us in tough times. The sad times won’t last but the growth from challenging situations will last a lifetime.
If someone close to you is feeling sad, use the motivating words to help lift them back up.
- Don’t ruin a good day thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go.
- Not to spoil the ending for you but everything is going to be OK.
- You will never be truly happy if you keep holding on to things that make you sad.
- Waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to feel sad.
- If you are in the wrong story, leave!
- Chuck it in the f*ck it bucket and move on.
- Focus on the things you can change and let go of the things you can’t.
- There is no reason to look back when you have so much to look forward to.
- At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not your life.
- Some days you have to create your own sunshine.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say to someone who worries what others think
- What to say to someone who feels overwhelmed
- What to say when