Being called a drama queen isn’t a compliment. Drama queens are known for blowing everything out of proportion and making small things into big things.
Usually, girls are accused of being drama queens but sometimes boys get into the mix as well. Some say drama queens are seeking attention from others but their drama also makes life more challenging for everybody who has to deal with them.
If someone calls you a drama queen, you may want to seriously think about changing your ways, but in the meantime use one of our comebacks.
Go ahead and tell us what you think is the best answer.
17 Best comebacks when people call you a drama queen
1. Yeah, my life has more drama than a van full of drag queens.
2. I am a drama queen and damn proud.
3. Drama, some people major in it long after school.
4. I make other drama queens look like peasants.
5. Yeah, the junior high called me. They want their drama back.
6. My drama’s made for movies, not reality!
7. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I had no idea.
8. Don’t you think that calling me a drama queen is a little condescending?
9. Well I guess we have something in common.
10. I know I’m not cupcakes and rainbows for everyone.
11. Thanks for the input, that I didn’t ask for it.
12. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that your opinion of me was so important.
13. Thanks for telling me, I guess I’ll have to reevaluate my life.
14. Possibly. But you’re definitely too much drama for my life.
15. Thank you for your opinion. You can be sure that I will give it the consideration that it deserves.
16. I’m not sure what your deal is, but I’m not interested in being a part of it.
17. The acoustics in this room are terrible. You wouldn’t believe what I thought I just heard you say!
Defnition of a drama queen
We’ve all had our share of dramatic moments and sometimes, we’ve been called the drama queen. The term “drama queen” is a colloquial expression used to describe a dramatic person.
This term is not limited to women, but it’s used to all genders who are perceived as seeking attention or creating unnecessary drama or con?ict. A drama queen is seen as overly emotional, exaggerated, or attention-seeking.
While the term drama may sound harmless and easily dismissed by many, it could be hurtful to many. While calling people a drama queen can be done as a joke, it’s important to assess how close you are to these people.
No matter how close you think you are to them, it’s important to approach everyone with respect and empathy. Of course, this includes avoiding the use of these negative labels. These labels can be hurtful to their mental health and crush their self-esteem.
Everyone is different and so we have our own limits and things we ?nd offensive. Being sensitive in every social interaction is important in encouraging good relationships. Everybody is different and it’s healthy to strive for understanding and acceptance of these differences.
MORE COMEBACKS YOU MIGHT LIKE
- What to say if you are called a tease
- Comebacks if you are called a slut
- Comebacks if you are called fake
How to deal with being called a drama queen
Being called a drama queen can be offensive and hurtful but you can always choose to deal with it in the best way possible. Here are some tips for dealing with being called a drama queen.
1. Listen to the feedback
You might feel like you’re being villainized and that your emotions are being downplayed. What you feel is valid and you should communicate it. However, while it could hurt and offend you, it may be helpful to listen to what they have to say. This way you develop a deeper understanding of how people perceive you and know your areas for improvement.
2. Refect on your behaviour if you are called a drama queen
Take your time and spend some time alone. Think about your actions and assess whether they are reasonable or not. Do you think you have ever overreacted or created unnecessary drama or con?ict for yourself and others?
It’s helpful to communicate whenever someone expresses concern about your behavior. Talk to them respectfully and ask for speci?c feedback so you know what you can work on.
4. Seek support
If you are affected by being called a drama queen, consider seeking help from a therapist or counselor. They can help you discover and assess the roots of these emotional reactions.
5. Focus on self-improvement
Try to see these as signals for positive change. See it as a growing point where you can work on improving yourself. Focus on the things that you can change and slowly work on them. You can start by ?nding the most effective way to manage your emotions and reactions or seeking support from trusted friends or family. Having someone to talk to can increasingly help your journey to betterment.
People express themselves in different ways. Not everyone reacts like you and it’s important to remember that. Being different from you is not a ticket for you to treat others badly or call them unhealthy names. Treat others how you want to be treated. Be kind to yourself and others. Always strive for self-improvement.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when someone calls you stupid
- Comebacks when someone calls fat
- What to say when someone calls you ugly
- Best ever comebacks to insults
Famous people who have been called drama queens
Calling someone a drama queen can be hurtful. In your social interactions, always choose the words that you use. Remember to talk to individuals with respect and compassion. Avoid using negative labels that can potentially harm their mental health and hurt their self-esteem.
The celebrity world is a world full of drama. And so, there have been several famous people called drama queens. These stars have been known to create unnecessary drama or con?ict. Here are some of them.
- Mariah Carey: There has been a lot of drama surrounding Mariah Carey. Perhaps this is why she has been accused of creating drama both on set and in her personal life.
- Kanye West: Kanye West has displayed problematic behaviour in his interviews and other media exposures. He has been known to create drama with his public statements and behaviour.
- Lindsay Lohan: The actress has been accused of creating drama using her legal issues. She also struggles with addiction which she also allegedly uses for sparking drama.
- Naomi Campbell: The supermodel also has a dramatic life. She has been accused of creating drama in her work and her personal life. Her issues even include physical altercations with staff.
- Charlie Sheen: The actor has been accused of creating drama with his public behaviour. These actions include drug use and controversial statements.
Everybody is different and the way we respond to certain situations also varies. It’s important to remember these differences and kindly choose the words that come from your mouth. People have their own problems to deal with and calling them drama queen might be insensitive. It’s good practice to treat people with respect and kindness.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called a drama queen by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.