Some folks are just not naturally tidy, let’s face it cleaning isn’t exactly most people’s idea of a good time.
The tough thing about being messy is when you have unexpected guests show up at the door you are in a state of panic! You try and hide your crap in cupboards, under the bed to no avail, your room still looks like a mess.
My friend’s house looked a bit like a pigsty and I was secretly horrified when I saw the door to his room open. I really didn’t think it looked like an inhabitable place to sleep. Well, the next time I went over it was all clean and sparkly, a miracle had truly occurred.
When I asked what happened he told me he read Marie Kondo’s book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and he was now able to keep his room clean. I now really believe that there is hope for everyone to become a little tidier.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
If people are complaining that your house is a messy pigsty, use one of our fun comebacks below.
Vote for the best comeback when people call you messy
Definition of a messy person
Someone who enjoys being disorganized, and disorderly and leaves stuff everywhere is a messy person. You never know where they’ll just randomly leave their clothes, food, or whatever else. And all this messy chaos can totally stress them out and bring in some major negative vibes.
How to deal with being called messy
Even though being called “messy” can be annoying, don’t think about it too much. Come up with things that can help you get more efficient at keeping things clean and in order. Here are some things you can do to do it better:
- Accept Advice: Getting feedback from people can actually be a good thing, even though it might feel like an insult to some. Take a moment to evaluate yourself and the truth about that messy situation. And then, just focus on getting better.
- Be truthful to yourself: Don’t be too easy on yourself when evaluating your own life. Try to be fair and objective. If you’re having a hard time getting that clean phase done, just take a moment to recognize it and figure out some solutions.
- Set up a plan: Make sure to come up with a step-by-step solution. Try to set a specific time and list out the tasks you need to do to reach your goal.
- Seek out some help: You know what they say, no man is an island, so don’t hesitate to ask someone for help. You’ll have a better chance of reaching your goal if you have a solid support system behind you.
- Focus on making progress, not being perfect: Just focus on getting better, not on being perfect. So, don’t worry about making mistakes, and feel free to give it another shot if it doesn’t work out the first time. Oh, and don’t forget to celebrate your little victories!
Don’t let being messy define who you are. We all have our own unique lives. It’s important to keep moving forward in an organized and productive way.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when people call you lazy
- Funny replies when people call you weird
- Check out our top ten comeback lists
The role of counselling and self-care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called messy by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.
Famous people known for being messy
We don’t always hear about messy people in the media because it’s kind of subjective. But there aren’t many well-known people who have been known to be messy. Let’s find out below who they are:
- Albert Einstein: Even though the physicist has made some great things, he is known for being disorganized and having a messy workspace. He even had trouble finding things he needed, which made him mostly late for his meetings.
- Steve Jobs: The founder of Apple is known for his great work and attention to detail. But despite this, both his private life and the state of his home were apparently in a total state of disorder.
- Britney Spears: The well-known singer is also known for having a messy home and personal life.
- Robert Pattinson: People say that the actor’s home is messy, kind of like his disheveled appearance.
Whether someone is messy or clean is completely up to them. We’re all different and have our own strengths and weaknesses. And being very tidy or having a clean home isn’t always a sign of success. There’s so much more to life than having a tidy house!