Urban dictionary defines a tease as, “A member of the opposite sex, usually a female who entices you into thinking you have a chance. Almost always ends with you having blue balls and feelings of sorrow, resentment, and bitterness.”
If you are a girl who has turned a guy down or canceled plans there is a pretty good chance that you have been called a tease. The real reason a guy calls you a tease is he is trying to salvage his bruised ego because you turned him down. After all, you aren’t going to be into every person who asks you out or tries it on with you.
Next time some slime ball who is trying to get into your knickers calls you a tease, use one of our clever comebacks to shut the person up. If you can think of an even better snappy comeback, then let us know!
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
17 Best comebacks when someone calls you a tease
1. I’m not a tease. I’m just a reminder of what you can’t have.
2. Just cause I flirt doesn’t mean I’m interested.
3. You do realize my vagina has an on / off switch linked to the words that come out of your mouth.
4 Yeah, I’ve been told I’m too charming for my own good.
5. I can’t help it if I am as smooth as cream cheese on a bagel.
6. I’m not sure what your deal is, but I’m not interested in being a part of it.
7. I don’t want to lead you on, but I don’t think we’re suited.
8. I’m not trying to play games or manipulate anyone. Do not label me as a tease, it’s not fair.
9. A kiss is not a contract.
10. I really don’t appreciate being called a tease. I’m just being myself and I certainly don’t owe anyone anything.
11. I do apologize if I have given you the wrong impression. It was not my intent to lead you on.
12. I am not a tease. I don’t want to lead you on or give you mixed signals.
13. Let’s get this cleared up, I’m not leading you on intentionally, and I don’t appreciate being labeled as a tease.”
14. I’m not sure what’s more impressive: your ignorance or your arrogance.
15. I don’t want to lead you on. Look, I appreciate your interest, but I don’t want to lead you on or give you false hope that anything will happen between us.
16. I’m not interested in playing games. Let’s be adults and move on.
17. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say, but I’m pretty sure it’s not worth my time.
18. I appreciate your interest and it has been fun, but I don’t think we’re on the same wavelength.
19. People like to use the word tease as an attack when they’re mad they can’t get what they want..
20. I was flirting with you to see if I wanted to get to know you better. Since you called me a tease, I’m definitely not interested.
21. Done and done. I don’t appreciate being talked to like that.
Why do they call girls a tease?
The word “tease” is usually used to describe a person who leads another person on, often with the intention of getting attention or affection without any intention of following through sexually. The phrase mostly applied to woman or girls who are flirty, and can act in a seductive way towards men or women.
Teases enjoy flirting with others and being lavished with attention, without any plan of hooking up or pursuing a relationship with the person they are leading on.
The term tease is usually a derogatory term to describe women. Although the term can be applied to men, it is used less frequently.
What to do when you are called a tease
If you are referred to as a tease, thinking about why you would be called that term an if their behaviour is warranted. If you are being called a tease, and it is is not true, you most likely want to say something and don’t accept the label.
If you are called a “tease,” it’s important to understand why someone might be using that term and to consider whether their behavior is appropriate. If you feel that you have been unfairly labeled as a tease, you may want to speak up and clarify your intentions. You could say something like, “I’m sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, but I wasn’t trying to lead you on. I’m just not interested in pursuing anything further.” It’s important to be clear and direct in your communication, but also to be respectful and kind. Remember that you have the right to set boundaries and to make your own decisions about your relationships.
Jessica Simpson was bullied in high school by mean girls and called a tease
Jessica Simpson was picked on by mean jealous girls in high school. She was homecoming queen and a cheerleader but that doesn’t mean she didn’t have her haters. You think being extremely attractive would make things easier, it can also make things harder when you are dealing with jealous girls.
Jessica was well-developed, and every guy in high school wanted her and practically every girl hated her,” a source told the Enquirer. “Jessica put on a brave face, but it was a campaign of terror that just devastated her.”
Kids would egg or throw toilet paper at Jessica’s house. Mean girls would write nasty things about her on the pavement outside her home.
Jessica has told the media that bullies in high school made her stronger. The bullies prepared her for dealing with online trolls and being a celebrity.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when someone calls you a slut
- Funny answers if someone asks if it a one night stand
- More comebacks to insults
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are being called a tease it can be stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counsellor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.