We’ve all feel like quitting at certain points of any big undertaking, whether it be a university degree, an online business or a career goal.
When a person wants to quit, they get to a point where they feel they can’t go farther because things become boring, repetitive or too challenging. If they quit, they will be starting off fresh in a new situation, and will most likely find themselves in a similar reality as the one they left behind. The best solution is to break through the challenge barrier, change their thinking about the situation and keep and keep on going.
If they have tried to accomplish their goal, and the results aren’t coming it can be very frustrating. That’s when most people feel like quitting and giving up. Sometimes we need to change our approach and reevaluate the goal. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
You can’t do something for someone, all you can do is offer encouragement and support. Here are a few things you can say to someone who feels like quitting.
What to say when someone wants to quit
- It is a slow process but quitting won’t speed it up.
- When you think about quitting think about why you started.
- If you keep going you won’t regret it. If you give up you will.
- Winners are not people who never fail but people who never quit.
- The struggle is temporary, quitting is permanent.
- You’ve got what it takes but it will take everything you’ve go
- If your going to quit anything, quit being lazy, quit making excuses and quit waiting for the right time.
- You haven’t failed until you quit trying.
- If you are not excited about it, then it’s not the right path.
- The greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeeed is always to try one more time.
More you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for unsolicited advice
- Read more comebacks to insults
Got any comments, questions or tips for dealing with someone who wants to quit? Share them in the comments below.