No matter what the circumstances are, there always seems to be people who blame others whenever anything doesn’t go their way. Blamers are incapable of accepting responsibility for their actions or for being part of the problem. The only thing that they seem to be concerned about is condemning someone else and pointing out what they did wrong.
Blamers truly believe that they have never done anything wrong. They see themselves as the victim in the situation, no matter what the reality is, and it is always someone else’s fault. The problem with blaming things outside of yourself is that things can never get better in your life because you need someone else to change before your situation can improve.
Jasmine blamed her parents for her weight problems, as a child they let her eat rubbish food. At 29, Jasmine was in control of the food she shoved into her mouth, but she still blamed her parents for her eating problem, and she couldn’t solve the problem or shed the 50 pounds she needed to lose.
Jasmine needs to be accountable for her actions and eat less, blaming her parents will never lead to actual weight loss.
If you get tired of the blaming behavior, here are some clever comebacks you can say to get your message across loud and clear.
Top Ten Comebacks for a Blamer
- If everywhere you go there’s a problem.. Guess what?
- No really, it’s adorable when you blame everyone but yourself.
- No one is coming to save you. This life of yours is 100% your responsibility.
- Take responsibility for your actions. You only look like a fool when trying to blame other people for your behaviour.
- When you blame others you give up your power to grow.
- Some people create their own storms and then get upset when it rains.
- If you’re tired of a drama in your life, just quit being the actor.
- You give yourself credit for your happiness and accomplishments, yet you have a list of people to blame for your bitterness and failures.
- When people point fingers at others they should remember that they have four fingers pointing back at them.
- Reap what you sow and own it!
More top ten comeback lists you might like
Be prepared next time you have to deal with a blamer
If you have to deal with someone who blames you for everyting and who gives you a hard time, our book Snappy Comebacks any Situation can help you out. Be prepared for difficult people with clever responses on your phone or device any time or anywhere.