We’ve all felt more popular at certain times in our lives than others. It is a horrible feeling when you feel invisible and other people around you find it so easy to make friends.
Being popular or unpopular truthfully doesn’t mean much except that you are hanging out with the right crowd or you’re not. If you are into mountain climbing or you want to make a difference in the world, you are not going to fit in hanging out with a bunch of stoners. What’s important is finding the tribe that’s a good fit for you.
Once you’ve found your tribe it will become a lot easier to connect with people because you are interested and excited about the same things. Different tribes assign high social status to different attributes, for example, entrepreneurs may value someone who takes action and makes things happen over people who have advanced degrees and like to sit around and postulate ideas.
DO YOU NEED HELP STANDING UP TO THE DIFFICULT PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to the difficult people in your life? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it!
Whether you are popular or not, it doesn’t change how funny, kind, creative or amazing you are. Don’t worry about what other people think, most people are so focused on themselves that they really give very little thought to what other people are doing.
A lot of the people who are popular in high school don’t go on to accomplish much and look back at high school as the big time in their life.
Here are some comforting words for someone who feels unpopular.
What to say to someone who feels unpopular
- Life is about finding people who are your kind of crazy.
- Your value doesn’t decrease on someone’s inability to see your worth.
- You don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of.
- Not caring what people think is one of the best decisions you will ever make.
- Whatever you do good or bad people will always have something negative to say.
- People will love you. People will hate you. And none of it has anything to do with you.
- People are going to judge you anyway, so forget everyone and just be yourself.
- If you constantly have to put in effort to be friends with someone, that friendship isn’t worth it.
- Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back. They are behind you for a reason.
- Some people come into your life as blessing as others come as life lessons.