I am a 57-year-old smart dressed lady and a drunken 55 year old rough hag with a foul mouth keeps giving me a hard time. She keeps bothering me in a public setting, saying rude things to me trying to instigate an argument. What can I say to make her leave me alone? I would like to cut her down in front of everybody and I don’t want to swear, that is not my style.
I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with such a difficult and obnoxious person. If a person has an alcohol problem, it is unlikely they will change until they get the help they need.
Here are a few things you can say without losing your dignity if she verbally attacks you.
- Did you mean to be so rude?
- In order for you to insult me I would have to value your opinion. Nice try though.
- Happy, secure people have no need to put others down.
- Please cancel my subscription; I have had enough of your issues.
- I see no point in arguing with you. You do a fine job of proving your complete ignorance on your own
Wishing you all good things.
Ask a question
Do you need help with a comeback or a difficult situation? Submit a question to Bryn via our online form.