We have all met them, the guy or girl who won’t stop talking offering up unwanted advice and thinks that they know it all. Whatever you say, they know better or claim they done better blah, blah, blah.
There is nothing worse than getting cornered at a party by a know it all, who offers all sorts of unsolicited advice. They discount other people’s comments and suggestions because theirs are better.
Jason attended a Meetup group to meet new people who owned online businesess. He was hoping to meet new people who were at the same level as he was or further along the path.
Jason was introduced to someone at the event who told him that having a blog wouldn’t work, it wasn’t possible to make money from blogs anymore. He laughed to himself because he was making money every day from his blog. He could tell the know it all was argumentative and he didn’t want to waste his energy debating whether or not blogs could make money, so he changed the topic.
Jason shared that it was interested in becoming an Amazon seller. The know it all told him that it would never work, you can’t make money selling on Amazon and don’t even waste your time trying. The funny thing was the know it all didn’t have an online business, and he was acting as if he was an expert on the topic when his results showed otherwise.
If you don’t want to listen to the know it all warble on, try one of our clever comebacks below.
Top ten comebacks for know it alls
- Unless your name is Google stop acting like you know everything.
- Since you know it all, you should know when to shut up.
- You would argue with a fence post.
- Being right isn’t nearly as important as knowing when to shut up.
- Rather than us agreeing to disagree why don’t you just be quiet.
- Try being informed instead of being opinionated.
- Everything we hear is an opinion not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective not a truth.
- Open your mind not your mouth.
- Since you know everything, then you know you’re an asshole.
- I didn’t realize you were an expert on my life and how I should live it! Continue while I take notes.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
Get snappy comebacks delivered to your inbox
* indicates required