At some point in our life, we all go through difficult times and we need some cheering up. We may experience a failure, a break-up or life just doesn’t pan out the way we expected. Most of us can cope with one area of our lives not going well but when two or three areas start crumbling it can feel overwhelming.
It can be hard to see the positives at the moment when you are going through a challenging situation. Often, many of life’s most difficult challenges lead us on to a bigger life path that we would never have planned for.
DO YOU NEED HELP STANDING UP TO THE DIFFICULT PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to the difficult people in your life? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it!
Oprah felt terrible when she was fired from her TV news job. After being fired, she landed on her feet when she started her career as a talk show host. She said being a host felt so natural for her it was like breathing. If Oprah hadn’t been pushed out of her TV news job she may not have found her life calling.
All life journeys have ups and downs, sometimes you can’t see the rainbow when you are in the middle of a snowstorm.
Here are some kind words to support someone who is going through a challenging time.
What you can say to someone going through a hard time
- Don’t give up, you still have a couple of mother f**kers to prove wrong.
- If you want something you have never had, you have to do something you have never done.
- Problems are not stop signs, they’re guidelines.
- Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded there.
- You’re not a mess you’re brave for trying.
- Hard work beats talent when talent does not work hard.
- If a door doesn’t open it’s because it’s not your door.
- The struggle your in today is developing the strength that you are going to need tomorrow.
- All flowers grow through dirt.
- It does not matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.