Parents can drive you crazy no matter how old you are! Whether you are 16 or 46 nobody likes to be lectured, nagged or told what to do.
In the age of the helicopter parent, it may seem like your folks may be hovering around with an excessive interest in your life.
Sometimes it seems like you can’t win with your parents no matter what you do. They complain about what you don’t do, and then when you do it, they complain about the way you did it.
Of course, your parents love and worry about you, which is why they display these annoying behaviours.
Next time your mom or dad giving you a lecture or a hard time try some of these funny comebacks. Say them in a joking way so you don’t get yourself into too much trouble!
Top Ten Comebacks for your Parents
- You call it talking back. I call it explaining.
I’m a liar? You were the one who told me about the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa! –
- You say I’m lazy, I’m just on energy-saving mode.
- Getting in an argument with you is like getting arrested. Everything I say, can and will be used against me.
- Remember when I asked for your opinion. Me neither!
- My room isn’t dirty, I just have everything on display.
- I know money doesn’t grow on trees. That’s why I’m asking you.
I don’t have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.
- You’re one of my favorite parents
- Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Funny replies to go and clean your room
- What to say when someone says don’t you talk back to me
- More great comebacks