We all suffer from being a little gassy from time to time, but it can embarrassing when you are singled out and asked, “Did you fart?” It is even more mortifying if you are asked if you farted in front of a group of people.
You could try to run off to another area of the room and blame it on someone else, but it really is not necessary. After all, farting is natural and everyone does it, so nobody should be getting on their high horse and giving you a hard time.
Next time you are accused of letting some gas rip, use one of our clever comebacks and shut the person up.
15 Best comebacks when someone asks if you farted
1. No darling, I didn’t fart. I just blew you a kiss with my bottom.
2. I fart because it’s the only gas I can afford!
3. I didn’t fart, I whispered in my panties.
4. Farting is normal. Behaving like an asshole is not.
5. Nah, just talking out my ass!
6. It was a ‘butt cough
7. That was just a starter. There’s more where that came from…
8. If you aren’t gagging and grasping for air then it wasn’t one of mine.
9. I guess I need to check with the asshole behind me.
10. Smells like teen spirit.
11. Whoever said the rhyme did the crime.
12. What’s a little gas between friends?
13. Well, if you’re the first person to notice, then that means it most likely came from you.
14. That’s right, typical of you blaming me for things you actually did.
15. Don’t try to blame it on me, stinky pants!
More comebacks you might like
Definition of a fart
A fart is simply gas releasing from the body digestive system through the rectum. It is a natural occurrence after the body breaks down food and gas is produced as a byproduct.
Farts are usually composed of the following: carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen, oxygen, and other gases. The amusing thing is that some farts vary in sound and odor, depending on several factors including the person’s general health, digestion and their diet.
Farting is a natural part of the human experience, yet people consider it rude behavior, especially in certain social settings.
Why do some people fart more than others?
It’s a fact that some folks fart more and are a little gassier than others. There are mamy reasons why people pass gas more frequently including gut health, diet and differences in diets.
Certain foods are known to make people toot like beans or high fibre foods can aid in gas production and increase a person’s flatulence.
Taking in air can also lead to gas and certain digestive conditions may increase gas output.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with people who make fun of you because you farted and you’re gassy and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.