If you have ever had someone meddle in your life you know how frustrating it can be! Interfering parents and friends can cause serious problems in your life and relationships.
Clearly, interfering people have boundary issues and they need to learn to be respectful and back off instead of inserting their nose in other people’s business.
Sabrina’s mother, Glenda, wasn’t married and didn’t have a lot of intimate relationships. Glenda would overstep her bounds, even though she didn’t have a close relationship with her daughter.
Glenda didn’t agree with one of Sandra’s parenting decisions that were truly none of her business. She called an intervention behind Sabrina’s back with her husband and mother in law. Glenda seemed to think that it was OK for her to interfere in a marriage and a family decision when it was none of her damn business. When Sandra found out, she was furious and had enough of someone interfering in her life, she decided she needed to put a lot of distance between herself and her mother.
Here are some snappy comebacks to let the meddler know you they need to stop interfering immediately.
What to say to someone who interferes in your life
- Maybe you should get your own life and stop interfering in mine.
- Next time I need an unsolicited and uninformed opinion I will know where to go.
- If you’re not feeding me, F&#%ing me or putting the roof over my head, it’s really none of your business.
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither.
- My life, my mistakes, my choices. Not your business!
- My business isn’t your business. Unless you’re my thong, don’t be up my ass.
- If you are going to have opinions about my life than I can assume you will be paying some of my bills.
- You must have everything in your life figured out because you obviously have time to meddle in mine.
- It’s never too late to shut up and mind your own business.
- You can tell whose miserable in their own life because they have nothing better to do than meddle in yours!