We all know a toxic person; it could be your boring aunt Bertha or your moronic brother-in-law who has verbal diarrhea. Toxic people will give you unsolicited advice, make cutting remarks, and manipulate you.
Toxic people are extremely rude, and they find it very challenging to be nice to others. They are in need of a big attitude adjustment and are condescending to those around them. A toxic person’s personality is so revolting that the people who have to deal with them suffer and become rude in response to putting up with so much abuse.
Tim’s daughter was in a baseball league, and he would take her to games and watch her from the bleachers. One of the parents who attended was toxic and rude and wouldn’t shut up. What was even worse was he always sat next to Tim at baseball practice.
Tim had his bright daughter in public school, and they were happy with the situation. The other dad, Collin, put his daughter in a private school and kept going on about how great it was. He knew that Tim’s girl was in public school, but he said, “Public school would be OK if my daughter wanted to be a waitress.”
Tim didn’t want to be unkind about another child, but he took solace knowing that Collins’ daughter was an uncoordinated dumpling.
WANT TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF WITHOUT BEING A JERK?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to challenging people? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it. Discover the secret of shutting down rude people.
If you want to say something to a toxic jerk, these clever comebacks will let them know that you know that they are venomous and you are not interested in hearing their offensive comments.
Top ten comebacks for toxic people
- I expect the bullshit from you, but I never accept it!
- Remember when I asked for your opinion. Me neither!
- Getting in an argument with you is like getting arrested. Everything I say, can and will be used against me.
- I’m sorry but I didn’t order a glass of your opinion.
- Life’s too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
- Thanks, but I function better without unsolicited advice.
- I didn’t realize you were an expert on my life and how I should live it. Continue while I take notes.
- Before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.
- The problem with closed minded people is their mouth is always open.
- Counting other people’s sins does not make you a saint.