We all know a toxic person; it could be your relative or some idiot in your class who always likes to point out the negative.
Jason was a top student at school and was a very bright guy. His grandfather loved him and meant well, but he had a very small view of the world.
Jason was in the process of making plans to go to university overseas. He really wanted to travel and experience all that life had to offer. His Grandpa could only see the world from his point of view and would make negative remarks every time Jason shared one of his dreams. Grandpa would say things like, “You will never be able to survive in Dublin if you go there by yourself.”
Luckily, Jason didn’t listen to his grandpa and just kept on going and planning for his move to Europe. What we believe we are capable of achieving truly determines our lives. Don’t let the negative remarks from limited people become your reality.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.— Henry Ford
Here are some great comebacks for the individual who is always giving you unsolicited advice, and making negative remarks. These clever comebacks will let them know that you know that you are not interested in hearing their nasty comments.
Top ten comebacks for people who make negative comments
- I can always count on you to relentlessly point out the negative.
- Unless you’re a pregnancy test, take your negativity elsewhere.
- Your opinion is not my reality.
- Naysayers gonna naysay!
- And you pointing out the obvious is helpful?
- Please tell the negative committee which meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.
- If you cannot be positive than at least be quiet.
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
- Keep your miserable ass away from me.
- The only negativity I want in my life is a pregnancy tests.
More comebacks you might like
- Top ten comebacks for judgmental people
- What to say to someone who criticizes your dreams
- Check out our top ten comeback lists