If you have a crush on someone and they go ghost on you your mind comes up with a bunch of possible scenarios. You are probably thinking thoughts like they’re mad at you, you’re not important enough to get back to, or maybe they don’t like me anymore. When someone ignores us it can make us doubt ourselves.
Here are a few things you can say to wind them up while you wait to hear back from them.
21 Best comebacks when someone doesn’t text you back
1. I am going to assume that you not responding to my text means you want me to send you 10 to 20 more before you do.
2. Thanks for ignoring my calls and texts while updating your Facebook multiple times.
3. Noah wrote Allie 365 messages, so I think you can answer my text message.
4. OMG, your responses are so slow I can’t keep up.
5. Hey, I just wanted to check in and see how it’s going not responding to my texts?
6. Are you trapped underneath a car? Is that why you haven’t texted me back?
7. Is your phone allergic to replying to my texts?
8. I didn’t realize I needed to schedule an appointment to get a text back from you.
9. A carrier pigeon would have a faster reply than a text from you!
10. Does text me back me ignore me to you?
11. Did my text get lost in the Bermuda Triangle of your inbox
12. Did your phone is on vacation without you?
13. Did your phone go to a silent retreat? I am wondering where you are.
14. Is your phone on strike or something?
15. I haven’t heard back from you. I. hope you are OK and not at death’s door something.
16. I miss you, let me know when you have time to chat.
17. I know your life gets crazy busy. Reach out when you are free.
18. Just respond when you have time. I am thinking of you.
19. I am here whenever you have time.
20. I hope life is treating you well. Reach out when you can.
21. Just wanted to say hi. No worries about responding right away.
How to deal with someone not texting you back
There could be many reasons that someone doesn’t text you back. Here are a few things you can try to help deal with the situation:
1. Maybe the person needs space
If all of a sudden a person stops texting you don’t bombard them with texts, instead try giving the person space.
2. Try not to take it personally
Sometimes we make it all about us when we think someone is ignoring us. There could be a perfectly good reason that the person has responded, maybe they are sorting out personal issues or going through a busy period.
If you’re concerned that you are being ghosted or ignored, get to the bottom of the situation and ask what is going on in a non confrontational way. It will save you hours of time ruminating on the sit-in.
If a person needs a break from us, it is important to respect boundaries and stop messaging for a while. If they still don’t respond, they might not be worthy of knowing you and you can move on to better relationships.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
How long does it take to respond to a text?
Most people consider it polite to respond to a text within a reasonable time frame, such as within a few hours to a day, depending on how important the message is and the nature of the relationship.
The timing of a text can vary based on individual preferences, age and circumstances. Your friend may text you back in five minutes, while your Grandma may take a day to respond to your text.
More clever comebacks you might like
- Funny responses when someone asks will I see you again
- Funny answers to where were you?
- More zingers
Lachlan who was tired of his friend not texting him back
Lachlan was frustrated. He had been trying to get in touch with his friend Casey for days, but Casey never responded to his texts. Lachlan had always been there for Casey, and it hurt that his friend couldn’t even take a moment to reply.
Feeling fed up, Lachlan decided to confront Casey about it. He arranged to meet up with him and calmly expressed how he felt about being ignored.
Casey was taken aback and apologized, explaining that he had been going through a tough time and hadn’t been in the right headspace to respond to anyone.
Lachlan listened and understood, realizing that sometimes people have their own struggles that they’re dealing with. The two friends made a pact to be more understanding of each other’s circumstances and to communicate openly about their feelings.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.