Genetics can be a really funny thing, often members of a family can look totally different from one another. If your kids don’t look alike, at some point you will be asked at some point of your kids have the same father.
One of my nephews has poker straight hair, the funny thing is that his brother and his parents all have really curly hair. People are always going on about his straight hair and ask if he is really from the same family. People really do ask the strangest questions.
Asking if your kids have the same father is a pretty invasive question, if you don’t want to give a direct answer here are a few things you can say.
Best comebacks when people ask if your kids have the same Dad
1. No, and if you find one of them, give him my number.
2. They also have the same mother!
3. My kids have different DONORS but only one daddy .
4. They all have different baby daddies, variety is the spice of life.
- How to answer do you know who the child’s father is
- Are you going to marry the baby’s father?
- To read more answers to rude parenting questions
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with a person who asks if your kids have the same father and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.