Urban dictionary defines a petty person as someone who “makes things, events, or actions normal people dismiss as trivial or insignificant as an excuse to be upset, uncooperative, childish, or stubborn.”
You’ve probably have encountered a petty person at work or in your social circle, they overreact and try to suck other people into their drama. You may have gone out of your way to accommodate a petty person, but they complain about the one thing you didn’t do ignoring all of the good things that you’ve done for them.
We all have a choice to control what we think about every day, don’t waste a moment of your precious life worrying about what the petty person thinks of you. Of all of the negative personality petty has to be the most deplorable trait, if a friend starts demonstrating petty behaviour I seriously question if I want to have the person in my life.
If you want to let the person know that your life is bigger than getting mad about who left the jar of peanut butter out on the kitchen counter, use one of our clever replies below.
How to shut up a petty person
- I try not to major in minor things.
- Noted, I will remember that, but don’t be mad when I pull a you on you.
- Always remember no one likes a petty Betty.
- I try not to waste my life on petty grievances.
- In small and petty arguments it’s not about who’s right and wrong but who can be the bigger person.
- Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.
- We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, overreacting to minor things, and sometimes taking things too personally.
- I understand you feel that way. Thank you for letting me know.
- If I treated you the way you treat me you would hate me.
- I refuse to fight petty battles. My life is bigger than that.
More you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for unsolicited advice
- Read more comebacks to insults