It can be hurtful if someone calls you irritating. Everyone has different things that they consider irritating, people chewing with their mouth open, people who talk nonstop or somebody who complains constantly.
Just because someone calls you irritating it doesn’t mean that you irritate everyone, just the person who is giving you the feedback. Don’t make it as a global issue when in reality it is justone person’s perspective.
If you want stop irritating somebody, you could give the person space and distance yourself from them temporarily. On the other hand, maybe you were trying to irritate the person and you have achieved your goal!
If you want to wind the individual up and irritate them even more, use a few of the clever comebacks below.
7 Best comebacks when someone calls you irritating
1. Are you agitated and confused? My work here is done!
2. Yeah, I’m multi talented, I can annoy and irritate you at the same time.
3. You’re not exactly sunshine and roses to be around yourself.
4. If your opinion mattered to me, I would be insulted.
5. The door is over there. Feel free to use it.
6. Miserable people always find a way to be miserable.
7. Miserable people suck the life out of everyone around them.
Definition of an irritating person
An irritating person keeps doing stuff that gets on others’ nerves and makes them uneasy. It could be talking too loudly, interrupting while people are speaking or like asking too much of other people. Also, they tend not to care about other people’s feelings and may love to pick fights and provoke others.
How to deal with being called irritating
If someone says you’re irritating, that can sting and mess with how you see yourself. But remember, everyone’s got their own vibe, and what bothers one person might not bug another. So, here’s a heads-up on how to handle being called irritating:
- Take a breather: Sometimes, sitting back and considering things is helpful. Determine why they viewed you as irritating and whether there is any truth to it.
- Solicit for feedback: If you’re cool with it, why not ask the person who called you irritating for feedback on how to do better? This can help you get where they’re coming from and give you some ideas on switching up your behavior.
- Time to level yourself up: Take that feedback and start improving yourself. Maybe pay more attention to how you’re acting, or even look up some stuff to help you get on track. You can make it like your personal growth mission.
- Don’t let it get to you: Being called annoying doesn’t sum up who you are. It’s just what one person thinks, and everyone has their own viewpoint.
- Spend time with positive people: While trying to get better, stick with people who care about you and have your back. Having a relaxed group of friends can increase your confidence and character.
More comebacks you might like
- How to respond if you are called miserable
- Comebacks if someone calls you a loser
- Read more comebacks to insults
Famous people called out for being irritating
A lot of famous people have also been labeled as irritating. Mainly because the public eye is always focused on watching them. Let’s check out some examples below:
- Kanye West: The famous rapper has been known to be full of himself and not letting others talk in interviews and award shows.
- Anne Hathaway: People have been giving the actress a hard time for being all super excited and “trying way too hard” during interviews.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: The actress is someone a lot of people love to hate and she has been criticized for her “high and mighty” personality. Plus, some folks think that she promotes sketchy stuff as a lifestyle guru.
- Justin Bieber: He’s gotten so much hate for acting all spoiled and entitled when he was younger. And he didn’t t hold back when it comes to going off on fans and those paparazzi folks.
- Lena Dunham: People are pointing out that she only cares about herself and doesn’t care much about other people. And her rare opinions about gender and body image are stirring up trouble.
These are only a few examples listed above. We all know that everyone’s got their own differences. And sometimes those eccentricities can get on other people’s nerves.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called irritating by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.