Do you know someone who seems to make everything about them no matter what you say? If you mention something about you they bring it back to themselves, if you talk about politics you end up listening endlessly to their opinion. Yep, self-centred people can be damn annoying.
A friend of mine, Amelia, was going through a break up with her boyfriend of a couple of years, and she was feeling very down. Her friend, Leah, had also split up with her boyfriend and complained that Amelia was not calling her or reaching out to support her when her relationship ended. Even worse, Leah started trash talking Amelia to their mutual friends complaining that she was selfish.
Leah was incapable of realizing that Amelia had her own issues to deal with and she could only see the world according to her needs. Leah always put her own needs before anyone else’s. Amelia realized that she wanted to distance herself from this self-centred person who certainly wasn’t acting like a friend.
If you get tired of the person who needs to suck the energy out of the room, use one of our snappy comebacks below and give them a taste of reality.
Top ten comebacks for self centred people
- Thanks for listening to my problems and making it all about you.
- Oh yes, ignore everything I just said, let’s make it all about you.
- You must be exhausted from talking about yourself all day.
- You’re like a bag of pampers, self absorbed and full of shit.
- Funny, I just got back from the centre of the universe and I didn’t’ see you anywhere.
- Please tell me less about yourself.
- My status is not about you. I do have other things going on in my life.
- Sorry you just found out the universe doesn’t revolve around you. Let me pour you a tall glass of get over it.
- Oh, I’m sorry I forgot I only exist when you need something.
- Get over yourself, not everyone wants to be you.