Being a stay at home mom is the most difficult job in the world. The days are long and grueling without pay, and if you have been used to being in a work environment and interacting with adults it can be a huge transition to move into a stay at home mom role, which can be very isolating. You are no longer having chats by the water cooler at work, instead, you have to find time for small talk at the park with other moms.
You become the domestic CEO of your home, providing comfort for little ones, giving timeouts, as well as chauffeuring kids to play dates and helping with homework. All of these tasks are often done often with a lack of sleep or a word of thanks or appreciation from the people you are caring for.
Next time someone asks in a rude tone, “What do stay at home moms do all day?” feel free to use one of our great comebacks.
Best comebacks to what do stay at home moms do all day
1. I’m a domestic engineer, on call 24/7 raising the future generation.
2. My husband couldn’t afford a full time chef, accountant, and nanny so I’m a stay at home mom.
3. Half the time I feel like I run an insane asylum the other half of the time I belong in one.
4. You may be surprised to know that being a stay at home mom does not include sitting on my ass eating bon-bons all day.
People thought Carly did nothing as a stay at home mom all day
Carly was a busy stay-at-home mom with two young children. She loved being able to stay home with her kids, but she often felt frustrated by the misconceptions people had about what she did all day. One day, while at a family gathering, a relative asked her, “So, what do you do all day?” Carly was taken aback by the question, but she decided to take the opportunity to educate her relative about the realities of being a stay-at-home mom.
Carly explained that her days were filled with a never-ending list of tasks, from cooking and cleaning to laundry and errands. She also spent countless hours playing with and caring for her children, helping them learn and grow. She described the challenges of balancing her responsibilities as a mom with her own personal needs and desires, and the constant juggling act required to keep everything running smoothly.
Her relative listened attentively and seemed surprised by everything Carly had to say. She had never realized just how much work went into being a stay-at-home mom and how challenging it could be. She apologized for her earlier comment and thanked Carly for sharing her perspective.
Carly felt proud of herself for standing up for herself and other stay-at-home moms. She knew that her job was valuable and important, even if it wasn’t always recognized or appreciated by others. She also hoped that by sharing her story, she could help others understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into being a stay-at-home parent.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Famous stay at home moms
Here are some famous stay-at-home moms:
- Jessica Alba – Actress and founder of The Honest Company, took time off from her career to focus on her kids
- Gisele Bundchen – The supermodel took time off from modelling to focus on raising her kids.
- Angelina Jolie – Actress and humanitarian, Jolie has focused on her children and took time off from being a humanitarian.
- Michelle Obama – The former first lady took time off from her career to focus on raising her daughters and supporting her husband’s political career.
- Sarah Jessica Parker – The Sex and the City star took a break from TV and theatre performance to focus on her children.
- Kate Middleton – The Duchess of Cambridge takes time off from her royal visits to focus on raising her three children.
- Beyoncé – The singer and actress has took a break from her busy career to give her attention to her family.
- Julia Roberts – The Oscar-winning actress took a long break from her movie career to spend time with her children. reer to focus on her family.
- Christina Aguilera – The singer and The Voice coach disappeared from the limelight to spend time raising her kids.
- Cindy Crawford – The supermodel took a break form modelling when her kids were younger.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when someone says it’s hard being a new mom
- Funny replies to you look tired
- More funny replies to stupid parenting questions