All of us like to talk from time to time, especially with good friends, but no one ever wants to hear someone blurt out, “You talk too much!” When we are told off for talking it can come as a bit of shock.
There should always be give and take between the person talking and the person listening. A good conversation is like a game of tennis, not lawn bowling. We need to make sure that we allow the other person time to speak and add to the conversation.
If people are giving you a hard time for constantly talking, you can either use fewer words or try one of our great comebacks below.
Go ahead and vote for what you think the best comeback.
Best comebacks when people say you talk too much
1. If you think I talk too much, let me know and we can talk about it.
2. Yah, sometimes I talk to myself, if I need expert advice.
3. Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
More witty comebacks you might like
- What to say when people comment that you’re so single, you must be picky
- Clever replies for other people who won’t shut up or stop talking
- Check out our top ten comeback listsM
Miley Cyrus could not stop talking when she was a coach on The Voice
When Miley bacame a coach on The voice she had her own unique strategy for winning. She would chat up all of the contestants, incessantly talking on camera. Miley’s talking and charm seemed to win over the audience.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.