Are you ever overwhelmed with the urge to tell someone to shut up? There are chatty people who engage in genuine conversations which is fine, but non-stop talkers who talk at you are frustrating and exhausting.
Some people monopolize conversations, stopping anyone else from getting a word in. Often, the conversation hog doesn’t get to the point or goes off on tangents, driving their listeners crazy. The funny thing is that they don’t even notice that they have lost their audience.
If you can’t take it anymore, here are a few things you can say to let the windbag know that you have had enough.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Ever feel like you just don’t know how to speak up for yourself? Our Stand Up for Yourself the Easy Way Guide will show you how to do it in just 3 simple steps. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
What to say to someone who won’t shut up
- Can I share what I need to say without the constant interruptions?
- Some people just lack the ability to realize that everyone in the room wants them to be quiet.
- You sound so sexy, when you’re not talking.
- You would be much more likable if it wasn’t for that hole in your mouth that noise comes out of.
- You know what’s funny. Not you, so be quiet.
- It’s never too late to shut up and mind your own business.
- It’s time to shut up. If I wanted your opinion all of the time I would have married you.
- In case you didn’t see the look I just gave you. Be quiet!
- Remember that time you shut the up? Me neither.
- It’s time to be quiet. If I wanted your opinion all of the time I would have married you.