Are you ever overwhelmed with the urge to tell someone to shut up? There are chatty people who engage in genuine conversations which is fine, but non-stop talkers who talk at you are frustrating and exhausting.
Some people monopolize conversations, stopping anyone else from getting a word in. Often, the conversation hog doesn’t get to the point or goes off on tangents, driving their listeners crazy. The funny thing is that they don’t even notice that they have lost their audience.
If you can’t take it anymore, here are a few things you can say to let the windbag know that you have had enough.
WANT TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF WITHOUT BEING A JERK?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to challenging people? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it. Discover the secret of shutting down rude people.
What to say to someone who won’t shut up
- Some people just lack the ability to realize that everyone in the room wants them to shut up.
- You sound so sexy, when you’re not talking.
- You would be much more likable if it wasn’t for that hole in your mouth that noise comes out of.
- You know what’s funny. Not you, so shut up.
- It’s never too late to shut up and mind your own business.
- I love the sound you make when you shut up.
- If I wanted to listen to an asshole I’d fart.
- It’s time to shut up. If I wanted your opinion all of the time I would have married you.
- In case you didn’t see the look I just gave you. Shut up!
- Remember that time you shut the f*uck up? Me neither.