When someone growls at you, “You’re such a negative person!” it can be a little annoying.
We can’t all be sparkly bundles of joy every day. For some folks, being around people who are always on and in a good mood can be a little had to take.
Here are a few fun comebacks that might come in handy next time you’re accused of being a negative person. Let us know what you think is the best comeback.
Vote for the best comeback when someone calls you negative
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Definition of a negative person
A person has a negative attitude if they tend to focus on the bad things instead of the good things. They might not be able to see the good in themselves or others, and they might find it hard to be happy. Negative people may also have a higher chance of having mental health problems like worry, depression, and self-doubt.
How to deal with being called a negative person
We shouldn’t really be promoting negativity. It’s kind of a bummer when people say you’re a pessimist. If someone’s called you that before, give these suggestions a try and see if they help you put a stop to it:
- Pay attention to the comments: Take ideas and comments seriously. Then try to figure out why they think you’re bad. And if they’re right, make sure to do something about it.
- Give yourself the truth: Take a step back and look at your thoughts. Look at your behaviors from a neutral point of view and see if the charge is true. If you always think about the bad things in life, you might want to figure out why and try to find a way to change it.
- Be grateful always: Practicing gratitude is a great way to keep your focus on the good stuff in your life. This way you can develop a more positive mindset. Just make sure you take the time to appreciate and enjoy the little things in your life, even if they seem small.
- Be around positive people: If you hang out with happy people and do fun things, it can help you have a better outlook on life. Find some great people who will cheer you on and give you that extra push. And do things that make you happy and proud of yourself.
- Get guidance: If you’re having trouble with negative thoughts, talk to a friend, family member, or doctor. Having a network of people who care about you can really help you manage your state of mind and get along better with other people.
Even if someone calls us negative, that doesn’t affect who we really are. We can all change how we feel and what we think about life. It’s all about making the choice to go with the good vibes and leave the bad ones behind.
The role of counselling and self-care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called negative by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when someone complains their life is hard
- Funny answers to do you love me
- Best ever comebacks to insults