Get a life is an insult idiotic people use as a last resort when they can’t think of anything better to say. Usually, the people who say this kind of thing are people who don’t have much going on in their own life.
People often say get a life if they find out that someone has a hobby that is different or they consider to be anti-social like gaming. There is nothing wrong with being a champion Fortnite player!
Really, it is the lamest insult around when there truly are much better comebacks out there. Next time an idiot tells you to get a life use one of our great comeback below.
Best comebacks when you are told to get a life
1. You mean like yours? No thanks, I will pass.
2. I would make a joke about your life, but I see life already beat me to it.
3. Really? That is really the best line you could come up with?
4. OK, show me the way!
5. Yeah, like the one you wish you had?
6. Wow, all those things people say about you are true.
7. Go on, tell me where you got yours, cause I don’t want to end up as miserable as you.
8. You should focus on your own life instead of worrying about mine.
9. I’ll take anyone’s life, except yours. You seem so sad and miserable.
10. Lions do not care about the opinions of sheep.
11. I don’t need to justify anything to people who have a life that I don’t want.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Why do people say get a life?
The phrase “get a life” is often used as a way to express frustration or annoyance with someone who is perceived as being overly focused on trivial or unimportant matters. It can also be used to suggest that the person should find more important or meaningful activities to engage in.
Essentially, it’s a way of telling a person to stop wasting their time and energy on things that don’t really matter, and to start living a more fulfilling and purposeful life.
How to deal with being told to get a life
It hurts a lot when people tell you to “get a life.” It’s like getting punched in the gut, leaving you hurt and angry. Here’s how to deal with those annoying remarks:
1. Don’t Take It Personally: Remember that these comments are often about the speaker’s problems or fears, not what you did wrong. Try not to take the word to heart.
2. Reflect on your priorities: If you feel like people are asking you to “get a life” because you spend too much time on small or unimportant things, take a step back and think about what’s most important to you.
3. Consider the source: if someone you really look up to tells you to “get a life,” it might be worth considering their advice. If someone doesn’t know you or isn’t your biggest fan, it’s best not to take their words too seriously.
4. Focus on Your Interests: Stay focused on your interests, hobbies, and passions that make you happy and fulfilled. Doing things you love can skyrocket your self-esteem!
5. Surround Yourself with Support: Reach out to your amazing friends and loved ones who genuinely value and appreciate you just how you are. Surrounding yourself with supportive and uplifting people can turn the tables on negative comments.
When someone tells you to “get a life,” it’s essential to focus on what truly matters: your happiness and self-worth. Pick a response that matches your values and how much you care about the comment. Remember, your worth isn’t based on what others think or say.
More you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for unsolicited advice
- Read more comebacks to insults
Famous people who have been told to get a life
It’s hard to say which famous people have been told to “get a life” because this phrase can be used in many ways. But here are a few cases of famous people who have been criticized or had terrible things said about their lifestyles or careers:
Justin Bieber: The pop star has had ups and downs, and some people have criticized him for his actions on and off stage. They’re telling Justin to “get a life” and grow up.
2. Kim Kardashian: Some people think she’s all about being famous for no reason and everywhere in the media. They even tell her to “get a life” besides posting on social media.
3. Paris Hilton: The glamorous heiress and socialite has faced some heat for her love of partying and seeming lack of career goals. They’re saying, “Hey, Paris, “get a life and explore new horizons!”
4. Lindsay Lohan: This actress has had her fair share of ups and downs in the legal and personal realms. Some think she should “get a life” and prioritize her health and happiness.
5. Kanye West: People have been giving him a hard time for his wild statements and behavior. Some folks even think he should “get a life” and focus on other things.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.