When a hater calls you a loser, don’t listen and don’t let it define who you are. We could all be called a loser anytime we are going through a hard time or trying something new.
Michael Jordan, Walt Disney, Steve Jobs and Tony Hawk and many others have all felt like losers during moments in time when things weren’t going well. They have all had ups and downs in their life when they were at the top of their game and other times they hit rock bottom. I’m sure J. K. Rowlings wasn’t feeling super sparkly when she was on welfare writing Harry Potter.
If a hater insults you and calls you a loser, shut them up with one of our great comebacks.
11 Best comebacks when somebody calls you a loser
1. The zoo called, you are due back by 6.
2. Looks like your mama had an epic fail. YOU!
3. Whoever told you to be yourself gave you really bad advice!
4. I’m not a Proctologist but I know an asshole when I see one.
5. Gee, I have always wondered who was in charge of deciding who is, and who is not a loser …
6. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone’s got one.
7. I don’t need to justify my actions to people who have a life that I don’t want.
8. Whatever you need to tell yourself.
9. I only accept criticism from someone I would actually go to for advice.
10. I really don’t respect you enough to care what you think.
11. I’d find that insulting if I valued your opinion.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Definition of a loser
People often use the word “loser” to insult or hurt other people. But you have to know that this term is subjective and can really hurt another person’s feelings. Instead of focusing on labels, you should think about what you do or how you act that might make people think of you as a “loser.”
So, when someone is called a “loser,” it’s usually because they don’t have much motivation and they have experienced a lot of failure. But it’s worth keeping in mind that sometimes we can all experience periods when things don’t go our way. We all have the potential to improve and become better versions of ourselves.
And know that calling someone a “loser” is just not cool. It can really damage a person’s self-esteem, and it doesn’t do anyone any good. Instead of stressing about the negative label, just concentrate on the good habits and qualities.
How to deal with being called a loser
Being called a loser can be hurtful, as it can make you feel like you’re not living up to your potential or that you’re not contributing enough. Here are some tips on how to deal with being called a loser:
1. Listen to criticism seriously: Take it in stride and think carefully about what they say. If someone calls you a “loser,” don’t freak out. Instead, you should think about why they said it and if there is any truth in it. |
2. Time for a self-check: If someone is pointing fingers at you, think about whether or not it’s true. If you run into some problems, it’s not a big deal. Find out why, and then make a plan to deal with those setbacks.
3. Consider your advantages: We all have awesome skills that we’re really good at,That’s what you should focus on. Doing what you’re good at can seriously boost your confidence and give you those “I’m killing it” vibes.
4. Be in the company of positive people: Stay with people who have your back. Those who bring good vibes and push you to show off your awesomeness. When you’re with a group like this, your confidence and drive get a big boost.
5. Get some help: If you’re feeling down or not very driven, talk to your friends, family, or even a therapist if you’re up for it. Having your own cheering section can keep you motivated and on track.
So, if someone calls you a “loser” in the future, don’t let it stick. You’re so much more than that, and we could all use some personal growth. But here’s the deal: pay attention to how you act and what you do. Put in the effort to build a life that’s really satisfying and successful.
More snappy comebacks you might like
Famous Skateboarder Tony Hawk went through hard times when he must have felt like a loser
Tony Hawk started skateboarding at a young age, by the time he was a high school senior he was earning more money than some of
his teachers from sponsorship royalties.He even managed to by his own house before graduating from high school. During the 80’s, he traveled around the globe living an amazing life, competing in skateboarding contests.
In 1991, the sport of skateboarding tanked and all of a sudden the sponsorship money disappeared, along with Tony’s income. He gave himself an allowance of $5 a day to eat at Taco Bell.
When skateboarding was uncool, many skaters moved on to traditional careers while Tony was hopeful that the skating industry would rebound. Tony refinanced his home and started his own skateboard company Birdhouse Projects. At the beginning, Birdhouse wasn’t making a lost of cash and Tony had a very uncertain financial future.
In the late 90’s, the popularity of skateboarding surged, and there was Tony Hawk front in centre with his skateboarding company. He was offered many endorsement deals and his company expanded, and he became the legend he is today.
We could all be called losers at specific moments in time when things aren’t going well. Don’t listen to haters, keep following your dreams and get on with your life.
Once you find your passion, run with it. Ignore what peers or career counselors say. Whatever you pick, as long as you truly love it, get really good at it. That means spending a lot of time at it. Tony Hawk
Famous people who have been called losers in the past
It might be difficult to determine whether celebrities have earned the reputation of being losers in the realm of fame. It is all about one’s own opinions, and sometimes it isn’t even a topic of discussion in public chats. Nevertheless, most often than not, big shots have been given the title “loser” on a few occasions in the past. Let’s look at these examples:
1. Lindsay Lohan: The actress has had some bad behaviour in the past, especially when it comes to her work. She has been told that she is all over the place and has had trouble with the law, but now she has turned her life around. She is now a mother and has moved to Dubai with her husband and started a new and much more positive life, which proves that people can change.
2. Charlie Sheen: Presumably, this actor is getting some serious heat for being a total loser, especially when it comes to his personal life. His issues of substance abuse and public meltdowns have been the cause of many rumours.
3. Shia LaBeouf: People have been calling the actor a failure because of his totally unexpected and weird behavior in public.
Those are just a few examples, though. When someone calls you a loser, they are just expressing their own opinion, which might not be true. But keep in mind that we all have different skills and bumps in the road. Being a winner doesn’t always mean having a lot of money or being widely known.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called loser by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.