Life is way too short to worry what others think of you. For many people, being overly concerned with what others think about them can be a paralyzing experience. Most of the time, people aren’t thinking about anyone else, they are consumed with their own life.
Anytime someone steps out of their comfort zone and tries something new they are going to feel stretched and uncomfortable. The first time Oprah was on TV it probably wasn’t her best performance, but she worked through those uncomfortable feelings and kept going.
At the end of the day, life is about growth, we all need to step up and challenge ourselves to try new things. Being risk averse because you are afraid that people may slam your ideas, your work or the way you interact in the world isn’t helping you lead your best life.
Everyone has a unique gift to bring to the world and share with others. Not sharing what is special about you is really depriving other people of your gift or talent.
Sure, there may be a few people who criticize you as you embark on a new venture but they are usually the armchair quarterbacks who criticize others while not taking any action in their own life. As Les Brown said, “30 percent of the people will think what you’re doing is great, 30 percent who don’t care and 30 percent won’t be impressed all, so best just get on with it and enjoy your life.
Next time someone is consumed with what other people will think, comfort them with kind words.
What to say to someone who worries what others think
- Stop letting poisonous people spoil your happy life! BLOCK, DELETE & FORGET!
- A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep.
- What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you.
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what people thought of you, if you knew how seldom they did.
- The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Not worrying about what other people think is one of the best decisions you will ever make.
- The unhappiest people in the world are those who care the most what other people think.
- Don’t let the opinions of other people consume you.
- People are going to judge you anyway, so forget everyone and just be yourself.
What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you.