Manipulators try to achieve their goals by persuading others to do what they want by indirectly influencing someone else’s behavior or actions to suit their agenda. At first, they may appear to have your best interests at heart, but really it’s all about them.
They know how to find your weaknesses, and once discovered they will continue to use your weaknesses against you. When they have figured out how to get you to do what they want, they will keep exploiting you until you put a stop to it.
A manipulative high school girl was constantly creating drama with friends. Sonja always wanted to be the centre of attention, she would bad mouth other girls in the group behind their backs and turn friends against each other. One day when Sonja wasn’t around, the group started comparing stories and shared horrible things that she had said about every single one of them. They realized she had played and manipulated every single member of the group.
A manipulative person can take a real toll on your life. Here are a few snappy comebacks you can say to let the manipulator know you are on to them.
Top ten comebacks for manipulative people
- If I was meant to be controlled I’d come with a remote.
- Sociopath, narcissist, pathological liar, manipulator: I am not calling you names. I am describing you.
- When karma comes back to punch you in the face, I want to be there in case it needs help.
- Selfish…delusional… manipulative and hypocritical. OMG, I can’t believe you are still single.
- Go away, I’m allergic to manipulative people.
- I’m still trying to decide if you are a sociopath who means well or a master manipulative douchebag.
- You. Cut out that egocentric manipulative bullshit now.
- Thanks for reminding me why I don’t feel guilty that I can’t stand you.
- You should really stop concerning yourself with my business and worry about your horrible personality and petty manipulative ways.
- Wait, come back. You forgot your bullshit.
Be prepared for a manipulative person
If you have to deal with a manipulative person who gives you a hard time, our book Snappy Comebacks any Situation can help you out. Be prepared for difficult people with clever responses on your phone or device any time or anywhere
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for controlling people
- Top ten comebacks for someone with double standards
- More comebacks you might like