Do you know someone who always has something to complain about? They go on about the morons they have to work with, their crazy family and of course they are never accountable for being part of the problem. Hell no, it’s everyone else’s fault!
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want t hear it, I just don’t care. If someone wants to wallow in their own misery, they can do it on their own.
Pippa was a very kind person who always invited people who didn’t have family over for the holidays. One of the people she invited was Aunt Bertha, who didn’t have a husband or children of her own. Since her mother passed, Pippa felt obligated to include Bertha in family holidays at her home. Bertha was an extremely negative person, she would complain about everyone and everything. Her tagline was, “I am so angry!” usually followed up by some comment about government or another relative who wasn’t acting the way Bertha thought they should behave.
One Thanksgiving, Pippa had a bunch of friends over from Brazil and the mood was light and joyful. The guests were having fun and laughing. Well they were, until her aunt arrived. As soon as Bertha walked in she started complaining, “The drive across town was terrible, there was so much traffic.” Followed up with more complaints; the people at the grocery store, the annoying people in Bertha’s apartment building and how she was being taxed too much by the government.
Every time someone started a conversation Bertha shifted the mood in the room, it was as if a dark cloud was now hanging over the party. It was as if Bertha’s complaining sucked all the joy out of the party.
Here are some snappy comebacks that will let the complainer know they need to take their complaints elsewhere.
What to say to someone who constantly complains
- Stop complaining. Everyone who died yesterday thinks you’re one lucky son of a bitch.
- I’m sorry I suck at empathizing with your first world problems.
- Yes, of course, I have time to listen to you complain about all the stupid shit I can neither help you with or do anything about.
- Spending today complaining about yesterday won’t make tomorrow any better.
- You should realize that bitching about your first world problem is a first world problem.
- Thanks for your complaint. I will file it right between “Don’t give a flying f*ck”, and “sucks to be you”.
- I genuinely care about whatever you have been complaining about for the last hour.
- I wish I could put some people on mute.
- I think some people enjoy complaining almost as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it.
- You’re the stereotype of someone always complaining about stereotypes.
Kanye West loves to complain
I’m sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time! – Kanye West
Taylor, who was only a teen at the time, won the award for You Belong With Me. Talk about robbing someone of their big moment.
West loves to complain at awards shows and let people know that he’s pissed! In 2004, he walked out of the American Music Awards after losing the Best new artist of the year complaining, “I was the best new artist this year!”
Kanye has more temper tantrums than a toddler.