If someone calls you gross they are basically telling you that you’re disgusting, which is not a very nice thing to say! They may be referring to something you just said or to your appearance.
I know someone who always ate too much dinner and would then unbutton the top button of their pants at the dinner table. To be honest, I found it kind of gross,.
When a person calls you gross they are kind of dating themselves because you don’t hear that word very often. They must be a child of the 70’s. or 80’s.
Next time you are called gross, shut the person up with a clever comeback.
7 Best comebacks if someone calls you gross
1. You cannot possibly fathom the intensity of the f*ck I do not give.
2. You are as charming as a dead mouse in a loaf of bread.
3. I would retaliate against your snotty remarks, but since you look like a garden gnome, I’d say the joke is on you.
4. I farted… that’s as close as you’re going to get to me giving a shit.
5. I am sorry that you feel that way.
6. I don’t live to impress you.
7. You are revealing your true character when you call people unkind names like that.
Definition of a gross person
The term “gross” is a subjective term that’s usually used to describe something unpleasant and obscene. It can be used to describe a thing, a situation, or a person.
If a person is described as gross, this may mean that they exhibit behaviour considered unhygienic and inappropriate. Some general examples of gross behaviours are as follows: picking your nose in public, farting or burping loudly. Basically doing or talking about other bodily functions in an inappropriate setting can be considered gross.
Being described as gross can be subjective. What’s gross to a certain community can be acceptable to others. In most cases, societal and cultural norms are what decide what actions are gross and what are not.
Being gross is also very subjective depending on the person. An action can be gross to you but okay to other people. However, the most important thing is to respect other people’s preferences.
How to deal with being called gross
Being called gross is a serious insult. It is not only hurtful but also damaging to a person’s self-esteem. While it’s easy to lose your cool when someone calls you gross, try not to react irrationally. Instead of lashing out, be calm and address the issue with grace and rationality. Here are some things you can do in response.
1. Stay calm
Do not react aggressively or without thought. Be calm and try to further assess the situation. Remind yourself that their description of you does not define you and your worth.
2. Seek support
Being called gross can really take a toll on your health. It’s good to talk to someone you trust about it. They can comfort you and offer helpful advice about your situation.
3. Understand their concerns
Why are they calling you gross? Try to understand what made them say that about you. Do you think you’re doing unhygienic things that led them to label you as such? Try to listen to what they have to say and address them the best that you can.
4. Be respectful
If you feel like you have really exhibited gross behaviour, then try to be more respectful next time. Develop awareness of your actions and how they might be perceived by others. Respect their opinions and avoid making anyone feel uncomfortable.
5. Ignore it
If you think that you’re not doing anything gross and everything’s out of hate, ignore them.
While hearing this description can be very insulting, it’s important to remember that there’s always room for improvement. Respond to these comments with kindness and change for the better if needed. Stay true to yourself and don’t let anyone else’s judgment define you. If anything, use them as motivation and constructive criticism.
More comebacks you might like
- Funny responses when someone says you listen to me
- Comebacks when people call you bossy
- Best comebacks to insults
Famous people called gross
Despite the term “gross” being an offensive description, a lot of people are still recipients of this word. Many famous people have been called gross during their careers. Here are some of them.
- Steve-O: The comedian and stunt performer has been called gross. This description is mainly toward his outrageous stunts. These stunts often involve bodily fuids and other unhygienic materials.
- Lady Gaga: The iconic singer is known for her peculiarity and she has been called gross because of that. Her unique fashion choices, which often involve unconventional materials and designs were usually targeted.
- Howard Stern: The radio host and media personality has also been called gross. He was known for his unfltered language in discussing bodily functions and taboo topics.
- Johnny Knoxville: Johnny is another stunt performer called gross because of his stunts. These stunts involved unhygienic materials that gross people out.
John Waters: The film maker and artist has been called gross due to his unconventional taste. He often worked with controversial films. He also explored taboo subjects which added to the”gross” description.
It’s not okay to use offensive and hurtful language. As much as possible, avoid doing so as these words have a negative effect on people. Be kind and respectful in calling out people as well as responding to them.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called gross by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.