When some boring bastard calls you immature it may piss you off a bit. Some people act like they are thirty when they are eighteen, you are only young once and you might as well enjoy it. Really, why would you want to act like an old fart before your time?
I knew a girl, Jana, who was constantly telling people to stop being immature and grow up. She was twenty-one and told one of her friends, Sasha, that she needed to start thinking about settling down. Sasha had other ideas, she traveled the world, went back to school and made the most of her twenties. Jana, on the other hand, married a total loser and had a kid at 22. Her husband became a heroin addict, she had to divorce him and became a single parent. Not exactly a sparkly fairytale for someone who thought she was more mature than her friends.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Enjoy every stage of your life and if someone gives you a hard time about being immature, smile and know that you are having fun.
The next time someone calls you immature, use one of our clever comebacks.
11 Best comebacks when someone calls you immature
1. It’s not that I’m immature, it’s just that you started it.
2. I don’t want to grow up, it’s a trap.
3. My level of maturity depends on who I am with.
4. Immature is a word boring people use to describe fun people.
5. You’re mature but you look like you’ve never had a day of fun in your entire life.
6. Great, I don’t aspire to be a crotchety old bag.
7. Well at least I’m not rude and insulting people.
8. Well at least I am having some fun. You look like you’ve lost your spark for life.
9. Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
10. OK boomer.
11. Great, I don’t want to be old before my time.
Definition of an immature person
Maturity is something that’s not solely measured by age. People of any age can be immature. Sometimes, a kid can be more mature than an adult. It’s really hard to tell by just looking, so immaturity is in how a person behaves.
An immature person is someone who acts in a childish or irresponsible manner. These people are often labeled as childish because of the way they behave. They fail or refuse to take personal responsibility for their actions, even if they are 60 years old!
Someone immature can act very differently or even opposite to their age. They may struggle to handle difficult situations or make good decisions. An immature person can be very impulsive without facing consequences.
Immaturity can also hinder maintaining healthy relationships. Immature people can be selfsh and only think about themselves so they may hurt someone.
How to deal with being called immature
Calling someone immature and being called “immature” can be hurtful. It can be a source of insecurity for someone. While hearing this description can be upsetting, it’s best to keep calm and assess which move is the best for you.
1. Stay calm
Hearing this can make you emotional but don’t let your emotions take control of your actions. Be reasonable and stay calm so that you can find the best and healthiest solution.
2. Seek feedback
If given the chance, ask the person why they called you immature. By knowing their side of the story, you can better assess yourself.
3. Be honest
Assess your actions and be honest if you have been acting immature. Admit to your lapses and apologize accordingly especially if you hurt someone.
4. Be respectful
In addressing this accusation, remember to be respectful. Remember to carry respect as much as possible no matter how stressful it becomes.
5. Work on self-improvement
Recognize whether you need to work on yourself or just ignore these labels. You know yourself better so you know if you have been immature. If the answer is yes, then make sure to work towards your improvement.
Don’t be too caught up in the emotional turmoil brought by being called immature. Remember, you know yourself better than anyone. Address these issues and practice healthy communication with the people around you. Do not be afraid to seek help especially when you need it.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks if someone calls you a loser
- Comebacks if someone calls you rude
- Best comebacks to insults
Famous people who have been called immature
Calling someone immature is offensive and you should not encourage it. In a world where all your actions are monitored, it’s hard to hide bits of immaturity. And so, many celebrities have been labeled immature in their career. Here are some of them:
- Justin Bieber: In addition to being called an idiot, Justin has also received multiple comments about him being immature. He entered the industry as a child and people think that he hasn’t grown up yet.
- Kanye West: Kanye has thrown a lot of tantrums on camera. He has been famous for his childish and controversial remarks which makes him appear immature.
- Miley Cyrus: Myley has undergone a lot of changes in her career. Some of these changes, including her provocative performances, have led her to receive this description.
- Charlie Sheen: The actor has also been caught throwing immature tantrums and remarks.
- Lindsay Lohan: The singer and actress was known for her legal troubles. Aside from her troubles, people have also called her immature in the past, because of how she handled things. Lindsay has now turned her life around away from the cameras and become a mother.
Words have an impact and it’s important to remember that every time you interact with someone. These words have an impact not only emotionally but can also have lasting psychological effects. Do not be reckless with your words and actions, always think that your existence has an impact on other people.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called immature by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.