There is nothing worse than finding out that someone you love has cheated on you. It really makes you question what is your life is actually real, was everything your partner did a lie? Having someone cheat on you sexually is bad enough, but when you find out your partner is emotionally involved with someone else it is beyond devastating.
Tiffany had been dating an airline pilot she met at work for two years. Amir was a fun guy, he was always the life of the party, and everybody just loved him. At first, Tiffany had reservations dating someone of another culture, but she took the risk, and she had never been happier. In fact, Amir had kept bringing up the topic of getting married for the last six months.
One day out of the blue, Amir called her up and told her that he was getting married. It was an arranged marriage, and he has been planning the marriage for several months. He was leaving next week for the wedding, and he was going to bring his new bride back to the US.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Tiffany was beyond devastated and felt like a fool in front of all of their work colleagues. If he had known that he was going to have an arranged marriage and had a wife picked out, couldn’t he at least have thought to mention it!
She was disgusted and betrayed, and could not believe how sneaky and underhanded he was. After two years together, she deserved at least to be told the truth before everything happened.
Nothing can make what the cheater did to you OK. You may want to know why they cheated on you, but try not to drive yourself crazy over thinking everything or blaming yourself.
If you want to take some of your power back, and let the cheater know that they are a total jerk, use one of our clever comebacks below.
15 Best comebacks for cheaters
1. A relationship is built for two. Obviously, you don’t know how to count.
2. Cheating is not an accident. Falling off a bike is an accident. You don’t trip and fall into a vagina.
3. If another woman steals your man, there is no better revenge than letting her keep that bastard.
4. Once a cheater, always a repeater.
5. People don’t cheat by chance they cheat by choice.
6. I need to be with a guy who ruins my lipstick, not my mascara.
7. Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.
8. Eenie meanie miny moe, caught you cheating with a hoe. You lied right to my face, think again you’ve been replaced.
9. You cheated on me, but you just can’t cheat karma. What goes around, comes around.
10. I used to be f*ucking stupid, then I dumped him.
11. I don’t have EX’s I have Y’s. Like Y the hell did I date you?
12. You’ve lost someone who really cared about you
13. Congratulations, you just proved what everyone said about you that you’re not worth my time or my trust.
14. I will forgive you, but I am not going to forgive what you did.
15. Good luck finding someone who will put up with the way you treat other people. I really love you and you blew it.
Definition of a cheating spouse
Most people think that cheating on your marriage means having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone other than your partner without their knowledge or permission. There could be physical intimacy, mental intimacy, or a mix of the two in a cheating relationship. Cheating is when a person has an affair, has one-night stands, or develops an emotional bond with someone other than their partner.
Liberty Ross remarries and find happiness again after cheating scandal
When Kristen Stewart was dating Robert Pattinson, she was caught publicly cheating on him with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders. Pictures of Kristen and Hunstment appeared in magazines, it wasn’t possible to deny the affair had taken place.
Rupert Huntsman’s wife, Liberty Ross, was completely blindsided by the affair. She was living in LA, away from her family with her two young children. Liberty talks about trying to survive the meida circus:
I just visualized [being] this sort of Masai warrior. I was just going to stand very still and very strong, and just let it all roll past me. adds, “It was horrible. It was really the worst, really the worst.” – Liberty Ross
Five years on, Liberty is happier than she ever thought possible. She has remarried Jimmy Iovine, co-founder of Interscope Records.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
How to deal with being cheated on by a partner
It can be very hard to deal with the fallout of someone cheating on you, but here are some things you might want to think about doing:
- Let Yourself Feel the Emotions – It’s totally normal to go through a whole spectrum of feelings because it’s all part of the human experience. So, don’t be too hard on yourself when those emotions come knocking at your door. Just embrace them and let yourself feel.
- Confide in someone you trust – Having someone to lend an ear and offer guidance can make all the difference. It’s like having a safety net, knowing that there are people out there who genuinely care about us and want to help us through the tough times.
- Take time for yourself – Step back and think about how you feel and what you think. Now is the time to take care of yourself and your health.
- Seek professional help – Consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor. These amazing folks are trained to provide the support and guidance you need during times like these.
- Decide What You Want – After you’ve had time to heal and think, decide if you want to keep the relationship going or move on. It’s up to you, and there’s no right or wrong answer.
Keep in mind that it is not a sign of weakness to seek the assistance of a trained expert if you are having trouble coping. Healing from the wounds caused by someone cheating on you can take some time. But if you are patient and take care of yourself, you will eventually find your way toward recovery.
When you are dealing with someone who cheats and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Famous people who got divorced because of a cheating partner
There have been many famous people who have gotten divorced because of cheating. Here are a few well known couples:
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were married from 2000 to 2005. They divorced after rumours surfaced that Pitt had cheated on Aniston with his Mr. and Mrs. Smith co-star, Angelina Jolie. People couldn’t believe Brad was a cheater, but there were pictures to prove they were together in Africa.
- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren: Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren were married from 2004 to 2010. They divorced after it was revealed that Woods had been unfaithful with multiple women, even though he had a gorgeous wife at home.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver were married from 1986 to 2011. They divorced when it came out that Schwarzenegger had fathered a child with their housekeeper. It must have been so embarrassing for Maria!
- Jude Law and Sienna Miller: Jude Law and Sienna Miller were engaged in 2004, but their relationship ended in 2006 after it was announced hat Law had cheated on Miller with their children’s nanny. Sienna dodged a bullet with Jude Law.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were co-stars in the Twilight movie franchise and were in a relationship from 2009 to 2013. They broke up after Stewart was caught cheating on Pattinson with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders. Robert Pattinson deserves so much better!
Remember, healing from infidelity takes time and effort. It’s important to approach the situation with compassion and self-care, and to seek the support and guidance of trusted friends, family members, or a therapist if needed.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.