Have you ever spent time with somebody who gets all wound up over the smallest things? Being around someone who is angry and overreacts can suck the fun out of any situation, and you find yourself thinking, “I didn’t sign up for this.”
You expect people of a certain age to be in control of their emotions and act appropriately instead of lashing out at others.
I know someone who is sensitive to loud noises, and he gets really angry when people drop things and are noisy. The people who spend time with Darren think he is overreacting, but he thinks he is justified telling people to be quiet. Darren should put in a pair of earplugs and stop expecting people to cater to his special needs. After all, it’s not like he owns the library or the coffee shop.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Darren is self-employed and often works on his online business in coffee shops and in the workroom/quiet room at the library. Somebody working in the quiet room started typing loudly, and Darren kept turning around and giving them the evil eye. He even told the girl to be quiet. For real? Darren, get over yourself!
The comebacks below will let the offender know they need to get their act together and calm down.
What to say to someone who gets angry and overreacts
- You can’t control the things that happen to you, but you can control your reaction to them.
- There are some things that are just not worth getting angry over.
- Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back.
- Control your emotions or it will control you.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions..
- Some people create their own storms and then get upset when it rains.
- Get mad and then get over it.
- Don’t get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it only makes you walk funny.
- Calm down. Take a deep breath and then hold it for about twenty minutes.
More clever comebacks you might like
- What to say if someone asks if you’re ignoring them?
- Funny replies when someone tells you they’re mad at you!
- More great comebacks
Cry yourself a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!
Good one, Rose.
OMG U GOT THAT FROM DORK DIERESIES RIGHT??????
Nope, I haven’t seen the show.
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your a fool, than to open it all and remove all doubts.
My apologies to Honest Abe
That’s a stupid way to live. Now I know to never take advice from you.
I sing a LOT and sometimes people say I’m bad so here’s mine: Too bad you can’t swallow mucacal.ly so you can carry a tune. Here’s a quarter. Buy yourself a singing voice. Oh, I forgot. Tenacity is expensive. But at least I got to pay for it!
It’s not a show, it’s a book! I suggest reading it, it’s really good!