Have you ever noticed that people who call you lazy think that you are not doing what THEY want you to do at a fast enough pace? When you work really hard all week at work or school, you might enjoy relaxing around the house on your day off and not being particularly active.
Zack worked as a web developer during the week and had a really demanding workload. His wife couldn’t figure out why he didn’t want to go hike a mountain early Saturday morning or meet friends for brunch. She also would get annoyed if he didn’t take out the garbage right away when she asked him to do it.
Zack’s wife just didn’t get that he needs to relax and recharge before he was ready to go other stuff.
If you are being nagged for not doing something right away and being told off for being lazy, you might enjoy using one of our snappy comebacks below.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
11 Best comebacks when people call you lazy
1. Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
2. You say I’m lazy, I’m just on energy-saving mode.
3. Please, I work harder than an ugly stripper.
4. I’m not lazy, I’m just happiest doing nothing.
5. Could you please pass me the remote.
6. Today I’m training for a Netflix marathon.
7. If it requires pants or a bra it isn’t happening today!
8. How I choose to spend my free time is really none of your business.
9. And you pointing that out is supposed to be helpful?
10. Basically lazy is what people call you when you’re not doing what they want you to do.
11. I’m not lazy, I’m depressed. There’s a difference.
Definition of a lazy person
A lazy person is just someone who does not want to work or exert any effort. They’re the type of folks who would rather avoid doing crucial things. This kind of person will sometimes just put things off, make up excuses, or try to avoid doing things that are difficult or require a lot of effort.
How to deal with being called lazy
Being called lazy can be humiliating because it makes you feel like you’re not living your best life. If people call you lazy, here are a few things you can do about it:
- Listen to what people say: It’s important to listen to feedback and take it seriously. Try to figure out why they said you were lazy and if what they said is true.
- Be honest with yourself: Just take a good look at your behaviour and habits. See if the feedback is truthful. If you’re feeling lazy, just take a moment to think about why and then decide on how to tackle it.
- Set goals that you can achieve: Setting goals that you can reach can totally help you gain some serious energy and keep you going strong. Just start with the small and easy jobs first, and then gradually move on to the bigger and more challenging ones.
- Develop discipline: Self-discipline is all about planning, sticking to your goals, and avoiding distractions. This can totally help you feel good about yourself and make you feel like you’ve done something awesome.
- Get help: If you’re struggling with discipline, try to reach out to people you trust. They can lend a hand and offer some guidance. Having a bunch of people who care about you can really help keep you on track and motivated.
Simply keep in mind that everyone’s got unique abilities and shortcomings, and being called lazy doesn’t define who you are as a person. But it’s also important to be aware of how you act and the habits you have. Work on making your life more useful and fulfilling.
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when you’re called stupid
- Comebacks if people call you fat
- Comebacks when people call you ugly
- Read more answers to rude comments
Famous people who have been called lazy
When it comes to famous people, being called lazy is a matter of opinion. Nevertheless, there are a few famous people who have been called that because of how they act in front of the public. Here are just a few examples.
- Lindsay Lohan: People have said that the famous actress is not only lazy but also not dependable when it comes to her film work. This is because she was always late or didn’t show up at all for shooting, interviews, and rehearsals.
- Kanye West: A lot of people call the rapper lazy sometimes because he takes long breaks between albums. And he is found to be all over the place with his work.
- Johnny Depp: The famous actor has also been called lazy, especially in his recent roles. It was said that he had become unprofessional coming in late and unprepared during filming.
If someone accuses you of being lazy, you shouldn’t let it stress you out too much. Keep in mind that this is only their perspective, which may or may not reflect the complete truth. We can’t really compare our degree of success and productivity with others because we all have unique strengths and energy levels.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called lazy by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.