Asking a stranger if they had IVF treatment is a personal question, as many women have struggled to conceive. Although it is nothing to be ashamed of, you may not feel like sharing such personal information about your children or your health or with anyone, except for close friends.
The reality is nobody wants to go for IVF treatments and inject hormones and spend tons of cash for something that is not even a given. When you are going through the experience it isn’t exactly something you want to scream from the rooftops and share.
A few people will get your struggle as they haven’t experienced it themselves. In which case they may want to talk about it.
Here are some fun comebacks you can say without actually answering the question.
Of course it depends who’s doing the asking, but go ahead, tell us what you think is the best comeback.
Best comebacks when people ask if you had IVF treatments
1. No, we actually had sex twice that night.
2. If you’ll forgive me for not answering, I’ll forgive you for asking.
3. No, we did the Kama Sutra twins position. You can pick up a copy of the book at Barnes & Noble.
More twin comebacks you might like
- Clever replies to are your twins natural
- Funny replies when people ask if twins run in your family
- To read more great comebacks you might like
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with a person who asks if you had IVF treatment to get pregnant and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.