When a verbal bully calls you a moron you may be taken aback, even a little startled. After all, it is a very nasty thing to say to someone.
Some people think you should just ignore it, but if you do there is a pretty good chance the person will think you are an easy target, and they will probably single you out for more abuse in the future.
When an idiot calls you a moron, use of our snarky comebacks below. Vote for what you think is the best answer.
7 Best comebacks when someone calls you a moron
1. I am a moron to give you the time of day. Good riddance.
2. Now if only someone cared about what you thought.
3. Could you please repeat what you just said in English. I don’t speak moron.
4. If you’re gonna be a smart ass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise you’re just an ass.
5. I’ve been called worse by MUCH better people.
6. Whatever you need to tell yourself…
7. Thank you. You’ve just shown me your true colours and level of education and intelligence. I am glad to see who you really are.
Definition of a moron
People think of someone as a “moron” if they think they are stupid, don’t know what they’re doing, or aren’t knowledgeable about a certain topic. “Moron” is a derogatory term that is used to describe people who are lacking in common sense.
- Don’t let it affect you: Keep in mind that when someone calls you a moron, it says more about them than it does about you. It does not have to do with your skills and intelligence.
- Remain Calm: Avoid getting stressed or let your feelings get the best of you. Inhale, exhale, and reply gently.
- Ignore what they say: Sometimes, one of the best responses is never to respond at all. Just ignore these little issues and go on with your life
- Address the problem: If someone insulted you in a professional or intellectual setting, you might want to deal with the issue directly. Just talk to the person who insulted you and let them know how their words made you feel.
- Pay attention to your strengths: Lastly, don’t let that insult get to you. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. You might excel in some areas and struggle in others. Just make sure to really rock your strengths!
Don’t let being called a moron be an attack that defines who you are. The most important thing is that you treat everyone with fairness, kindness, and respect at all times. Always remember that what you do to other people will come back to you.
More comebacks you might like
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called moron by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.