One of our readers had a boss who constantly went on about how young she was. Here is her story:
My boss makes a lot of remarks due to my age. It’s all in fun (to him), but it’s just plain irritating. I could file harassment, but I feel a good comeback in front of all the co-workers would be so much better. Most of the time I don’t even pay attention which I feel makes it better because no one to catch the ball that he’s throwing.
Here are a few clever comebacks that Asha can use next time her boss makes a stupid age-related comment.
9 Best comebacks when someone says you’re so young
1. Yeah, I have never lived through the hardship of not being able to Google something.
2. Age does not matter unless you are cheese or wine.
3. Everyone gets to be young once, your turn is over.
4. Yes, you’re older than I am. That does not mean you are more mature.
5. Young enough that I can do what I want, old enough to know that I shouldn’t.
Well, I’m old enough to know you’re not going anywhere with your life.
6. Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.
Ryan Phillipe looks much younger than his actual age
Ryan Phillipe is often mistaken for a much younger person, he has even been asked if he is his daughter’s brother.
It does take a lot of work to look that young.
I get a lot of balance and meditative peace out of being physical and exercise. I’ve had the same trainer for twenty years. Happy Hill is his name. I’ve worked out with him 4-5 times a week for the last twenty years.-Ryan Phillipe
More comebacks you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for lazy coworkers
- Read more comebacks to insults
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who says you look young and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.