When you get to a certain age, you may not want to reveal how old you really are. Unfortunately, how old are you is one of those questions that people just keep asking!
For women hiding their age is nothing new, some will judge you for being too young, and even worse being over the hill.
If you want to respond in a fun way without giving away your age, try one of our clever comebacks.
25 Best replies when someone asks how old you are
1. Old enough to know you’re trouble!
2. Age is just a number and mine is unlisted.
3. I’m 9183 days, 3 hours and 22 minutes.
4. Age doesn’t matter unless you are cheese or wine.
5. Don’t you mean how YOUNG am I?
6. I was actually born in the Stone Age.
9. Old enough to know better than to answer that question!
7. I’ve been around so many years now that I’ve lost count, but i think I’m [Insert a fun number] now.
8. Are you asking my physical age or mental age?
9. I’m younger than you!
10. Well, I’m older now than I was when you asked me.
11. Well, older than you are. That’s for sure.
12. That’s how all people who steal your identity start by asking your age. Next, you’ll be asking me the name of my first pet, and my kid’s middle names.
13. So tell me, how old do you think I look? Answer wisely if you want to live.
14. Probably younger than you think.
15. I’ve been told I don’t look a day older than 203.
16. I’m ancient.
17. Didn’t your mama ever teach you that it’s not polite to ask a person’s age?
18. Well, my soul is forever young.
19. And you need to know because?
20. I’m not comfortable disclosing that information.
21 Really, are you hitting on me?
22. I’m the right age for pretty much anything,
23. I’m like a fine wine, I only get better with age.
24. I’m as old as the internet, which is to say, I’ve been around for a while.
25. A woman never reveals her age.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Why do people ask how old you are?
Folks often ask your age to get a better understanding of where you are in your life. Your age can real your stage of life, and common life experiences that you may be going through like attending college, or having children.
Often your age reveals your generation and r world view. Certain generation like to engage only via text and social media ad have anxiety about using the phone to call people up. People may want to know your age when you are applying for jobs, or participating in certain games or activities.
Age really is just a number, an it certainly doesn’t define you. People will ask because they wan’t to relate to you better and figure out your point of view.
More comebacks you might like
- Funny replies when someone says that you’re getting gray hair
- How to respond when you are told you look tired
- How to respond when people say you look old
how to handle people asking your age
If someone asks for your age and you don’t want to reveal how old you actually are, you have the right to decline to answer the question. Decline to answer in a polite way, and try to redirect the conversation in the direction of something that you are willing to talk about.
One thing you can say is, “I am not comfortable revealing my age.” Then change the topic to something about the person, who is probably more than happy to talk about themselves.
I think the best way to reply is with a clever answer. You don’t have to give them the response that they are looking for, instead use humour to deflect. Out of our top 25 replies when people ask your age, you should be able to find something that you think is a clever reply.
It is always up to you to decide how much to reveal, and you always have the right to maintain your privacy.
Ultimately, it’s up to your personal preference and comfort level. It’s important to remember that you have the right to maintain your privacy and boundaries.
10 famous people who look much younger than their biological age
1. Gabrielle Union
2, Keanu Reeves
3. Pharrell Williams
4, Sandra Bullock
5. Jennifer Aniston
6. Jennifer Lopez
7. Will Smith
8. Tom Cruise
9. Halle Berry
10. Paul Rudd
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who asks your age and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.