When you get your first grey hair, you might be a little surprised. After all, grey hair is for older people, not a young whipper snapper like yourself!
Then all of a sudden, you start noticing more and more grey hair. They’re sprouting up everywhere on your head. Your friends and parents keep pointing out that your silky beautiful hair is now starting to sprout strands of grey.
I have a relative who was getting grey hair, and he decided that he wanted to use henna instead of hair dye because it was better environmentally. He told me that he was going to leave the henna on his hair overnight for 12 hours, and I strongly let him know that was probably not a good idea. We all know that hair dye of any kind for 12 hours isn’t going to end well, but he is the kind of person you just can’t say anything to. He knows it all!
He slept overnight with the henna on his hair, and I swear his hair looked like Pennywise from Stephen King’s movie It! His hair was bright orange, and it was three times as red as Archie’s hair from Riverdale. It was so shocking we couldn’t stop laughing, and he still wouldn’t accept that his hair looked absolutely absurd.
My friend would walk down the street, and people would stare as if he was a circus attraction or a clown. His niece said to him, “Why did you die your hair bright orange?” After that, he had to finally accept his hair looked ridiculous. So, you do need to be careful with the hair dye!
The next time someone points out that your luscious locks contain a few grey strands, use one of our fun comebacks.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
15 Best comebacks when people say you’re getting grey hair
1. A little grey hair is small price to pay for all this wisdom.
2. It’s not grey hair it is platinum highlights.
3. No, those are not grey hairs, they are strands of glitter growing out of my head!
4. And you pointing out the obvious is what, helpful?
5. I don’t think I had any grey hair before I started talking to you! I guess you have that effect on me.
6. Yeah, it’s staring to grow on me.
7. Good to see you know your colours.
8. Well, I am not exactly a teenager am I!
9. At my age I don’t worry about what people think.
10. Grey hair is pretty awesome. Ask anyone who is bald or dead.
9. I am just trying to live my best life with a little grey.
11. Well, grey is the new blonde.
12. Everyone knows. I’m openly grey.
13. I’m confident in my appearance, and a little grey hair isn’t going to change that.
14. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize my appearance was up for discussion.
15. I’m not getting old, just well seasoned.
More comebacks you might like
- Funny replies when people ask your age
- Great comebacks when people say you look tired
- Check out our top ten lists
Famous people who got grey hair at a young age
Here are 10 famous people who got grey hair at a young age:
1. Stacy London – American fashion consultant and TV personality, who started getting grey hair in her 20s.
2. Kate Middleton – Duchess of Cambridge, who started getting grey hair in her early 30s. You can’t tell she has any grey hair and she is clearly using hair dye.
3. Jamie Lee Curtis – American actress, who started getting grey hair in her 20s.
4. George Clooney – American actor and filmmaker, who started getting grey hair in his 30s. Grey hair didn’t stop George, women were swooning over him.
5. Helen Mirren – English actress, who started getting grey hair in her 20s.
6. Richard Gere – American actor, who started getting grey hair in his 20s.
7. Anderson Cooper – American journalist and TV personality, who started getting grey hair in his 20s.
8. Steve Martin – American actor and comedian, who started getting grey hair in his early 20s. His grey hair didn’t stop him, he went on to have an incredible career.
It’s important to remember that getting grey hair at a young age is a natural process and can happen to anyone. It’s not something to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. In fact, many people find grey hair to be a sign of wisdom and maturity.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who says you’re getting gray hair and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.